cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Working this weekend... but...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Fortunate, I have the ability to do work-from-home sometimes (computer, IT stuff), and my boss knows that with camping season in full swing for us now, I enjoy working from the campground as much as possible.

We facing a production release soon, so scheduling time away from the office has been iffy-iffy at best. But my boss must have seen how stressed I was getting, so when I suggested I go camping and work from the campground this week-end, well... the response was very positive.

We made reservation at Quakertown State Recreation area this time. Two week-ends ago we were at Whitewater State Park, last week end we were at Missassawana State Park, and this week end at Quakertown.

Quakertown is a State Recreation area, and has larger campsites, mostly to accomidate campers with boats. Loacated along Brookville Lake, this is an awesome part of Indiana.

So we arrived at the park on Thursday late evening to find we were almost the only campers here. It was awesome being the only one's and no one other campers around. There were a couple others at the other end of the campground, but far enough away, they were not even noticed.

Pitch black at night except for the bath house lights. Stars as bright as diamonds sparkling in the sun light. Weather so perfect is was awesome! Slept with the door open (screen shut of course), and all windows open.

Our campsite:

The view out our back window.

Put out our "tackie lights".

In Indiana, you can never plan on having water at the site. I always carry lots of garden hose. This time, it paid off having so much. It was almost 100 feet from the trailer to the water spigot.

It only took a matter of minutes for both dogs to achieve "camping mode" mentality. The cat sayed tucked away in his corner though. No photos of him yet.

Supper Friday night. We wanted to get back to "simple basics". Can't get more simple (or better) than this:

And then of course, there is breakfast Saturday morning. Notice in the background, we had a few more campers come in Friday night.

Meanwhile, I'm able to continue working for my boss this week-end, enjoy this absolutely fabulous campground.

It's been a few years since we've visited Quakertown. Between the three: Whitewater, Brookville, and Quakertown, I'm not sure which one is "tops". These are three absolutely great State Parks / Recreation areas in Indiana.

Um: FYI: Memorial Day weekend, we'll be at Salamonie State Park (More North Central Indiana).
3 REPLIES 3

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Looking at that last picture, I have to question your choice of hiking/work boots. :h

Enjoy your weekend.

She gets teased a lot about them. She found those at TSC (Tractor Supply Company). Actually, they are a very heavy, very thick soled, plastic type clod-hopper shoe. They just happen to have chickens on them.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Isnโ€™t it grand when you are the only campers?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at that last picture, I have to question your choice of hiking/work boots. :h

Enjoy your weekend.