cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Availability of diesel in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Was planning a trip to New Foundland via Nova Scotia in August of this year and was wondering what anyone knew of the availability of #2 diesel for my MB 3500?
17 REPLIES 17

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nope,

But I've been to Lake Wobegon. Does that count?

ernie1 wrote:
piano tuna:
I WILL be traveling through Slobovia on my way to Newfoundland. Slobovia is or was located in Minnesota and is on my travel plans. Have you ever been there?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
ernie1 wrote:
2oldman:
Yeah I fought my way through but missed a couple autocompletes.
You can edit a subject.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel fuel is readily available here in Newfoundland. Where I live, about an hour from St John's we have one gas station, and diesel is available here. The population here is about 1500 people. The town next to us has about 5800 people with 3 gas stations and diesel is available at all 3.
Dan

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Timnjo:
Thanks for the feedback. That's the info and feedback I was looking for. And, as mentioned , Canadians are a friendly and nice bunch of people so that's one of the reasons I'm traveling there as I do every year.

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
Now that you have the spelling right get the pronunciation correct with the emphasis on the first syllable - NEWfunland.

For your original question, diesel is commonly available up here, I live in a small town of 4,000 with three gas stations and all three have diesel. As mentioned diesel is currently less expensive than regular at $1.24/litre.
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
piano tuna:
I WILL be traveling through Slobovia on my way to Newfoundland. Slobovia is or was located in Minnesota and is on my travel plans. Have you ever been there?

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman:
Yeah I fought my way through but missed a couple autocompletes.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Newfoundling.. now there's some funny autocomplete.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Newfoundland is one word.

New Brunswick is 2 words.

For your thoughts. Lots and lots of goods for living come to all of Canada in transport trucks, most of which use diesel fuel. Of course, most truck stops are outside of towns and cities on the major highways.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

JackD
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like this trip will be a good learning experience for you !!??

:S

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Canada mandated Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel a year or more before the USA did, so yes, our MB, Ford, GMC, Dodge trucks and other diesel powered RV's all run on the same fuel this side of the border. Sounds like this trip will be a good learning experience for you !!??
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
The still send semi's up there to deliver goods, so they will have diesel.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I had no problem finding diesel when we visited Newfoundland.
Enjoy your trip. The people in Newfoundland are about the nicest you can meet.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
You are not traveling to lower Slobovia.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.