cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

nothing to do with rv,s eye floaters a cure?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we camp a good bit travel both ways to arizona, but lately I,ve had a lot of eye floaters some big ones at times, time to check them out, but just wondered if any body has found a a way to fix them on there own,
20 REPLIES 20

bigskygrizzlybe
Explorer
Explorer
What ever you do, see an ophthalmologist NOW. My wife always had small floaters. One day she said it was like a shade coming over her eye, from side to side. She had a detached retina. She had surgery that night. Thank God she is not blind in that eye, but still canโ€™t see well at all out of that eye. Also not a pleasant experience for her for 2 weeks after surgery. I stayed home from work to care for her. During that period, I put over 1000 drops in her eye. She stared at the floor for 2 weeks to keep the repair in place. Donโ€™t wait, go now.
Gulf Stream Class C
2004 Jeep Liberty Dinghy
Snowbirds 2014

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
maddog348 wrote:
Can't find article May/June 2018 'Escapees' Help ~~ Thank You

"Tips" section. Page 21, right-hand column.

Sounds good to me now I just need to find my May/June issue ! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
maddog348 wrote:

"Tips" section. Page 21, right-hand column.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
thanks ,got real lucky called the eye doctor 8am this morning have a appt for 1pm today.

Great, let us know how it turns out for you,
Best of luck

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the doctor.

My wife started having floaters and headaches. She went to the eye Dr., he diagnosed temporal arteritis. She had the bulging forehead vein and everything. He stated the only way to be sure was to do a biopsy on the vein.

A day after the biopsy she had a mini-stroke TIA. Come to find out her carotid artery one side was 99-100% blocked.

Opened it up, cleaned it out and she is much better.

Get a ultrasound on your neck.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks ,got real lucky called the eye doctor 8am this morning have a appt for 1pm today.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I too went through have a detached retina, got it repaired the same day. Spent the next week looking down at my feet. If you don't know about detached retinas you probably need to look it up on the internet. And mine was covered under medicare & supplemental insurance. Still had a few floaters after, but there now all gone.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto TM. Had them for about 20 years. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. They clear up for, sometimes a couple months, then come back.

Had Lasix for near sideness about 7 years ago, with one of the best eye surgeons in the Country, and he says everything is healthy.

Definitely get them checked. Good luck.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Islandman wrote:
Make an appointment with a good opthamologist(sp?) as soon as possible, you don't want to mess around waiting for things to improve! Good Luck!

Perhaps I was not clear in my previous comment. I DID make an appt. with an excellent eye surgeon....and he gave my eye a clean bill of health, despite the large floater.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
My eye doctor always asks me about floaters. I have them occasionally but nothing major. He does say, though, that sudden changes in the size or number of floaters is a concern and should be checked out ASAP.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had floaters all my life. Sometimes bigger than usual. Sometimes more numerous than usual. Had it checked out. Nothing out of the ordinary. But please have yours checked out.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Make an appointment with a good opthamologist(sp?) as soon as possible, you don't want to mess around waiting for things to improve! Good Luck!

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
A rather large floater surfaced in my eye several months ago. I just had a thorough eye exam by an excellent eye surgeon. He gave me a good bill of health and said it is up to me if I want to deal with the floater or not. Large floaters can be "broken up" with lasers, a non-invasive process, if I so chose. I decided against that process for the present as I have come to adjust to the floater for now.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad