cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I recently got a letter from Direct tv saying that as of April(?) 2019 there will be no more SD programming, and I will have to buy all new HD equipment.
Question, where does that leave me in the RV w/ my existing KingDome ?
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.
2 REPLIES 2

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bill, at least I can hope then.

I can't find the letter now, but I think it said April next year.
----------------
On edit, I found the letter, and the date is specific at 4-30-19
And they want me to order the update now. But I'm going to ride it out till they discontinue service, then they will update for free, or else I won't have Direct anymore.

Both my receivers are D-12-100.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
RJsfishin wrote:
I recently got a letter from Direct tv saying that as of April(?) 2019 there will be no more SD programming, and I will have to buy all new HD equipment.
Question, where does that leave me in the RV w/ my existing KingDome ?

No one knows for certain but if you are using any receiver model that does not start with an H then you must replace that receiver. What we don't know is when HD goes away, what will be broadcast on the 101 satellite? It might mean you can get HD with your dome or it might mean that they will move the specialty and foreign language programming there and use 99 and 103 for the rest (or something else!).
In theory, the King Dome (most all domes) will still pick up the 101 satellite but we don't know what will be broadcast on the 101 when SD goes away.
By the way, what does April(?) mean? Was the letter not specific? What does it actually say?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?