cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas or Electric Grill?

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use an electric grill and if so which one? We are thinking it would be nice not to have to mess with LP or charcoal. As of now I believe we want to go with a Weber just not sure if it will be gas or electric. The motorhome has a generator so electric wouldn't be a problem when boon docking.
17 REPLIES 17

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how you camp and what power you have available. Both work fine.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
We just got the Cuisinart CGG-180T
Have only used it a couple times so far, but really like how compact yet well-made that it is. Heats up uber fast. Has a portable stand (also very solid) that folds up small like a camp stool - is remarkably sturdy.

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Blackstone linkCheck out a Blackstone 22 inch propane griddle. You can cook pretty much anything on it.

I like a griddle because I do NOT get a fire flare up from meat.

There are other brands, I just kind of prefer the Blackstone. There are tons of YouTube videos on outdoor griddle cooking.

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com

2scootn
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up a Cuisinart propane griddle and use that almost exclusively now, even for cooking steaks. Works fantastic and cooks pretty evenly.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing. Once an electric grill is used for a while. You really cannot tell how stuff was cooked outside with the Aussie grill. Then there is the rotisserie option that makes great beef or chicken.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older Aussie grill at the house I love. I tried it on the camper 30A and it worked fine. Bought a new one and it popped the 30A breaker. I wish it had not.

I now have a Smoke House grill/smoker (LP) and will carry the cheaper version of it on the road. Bought 10 lb tanks for it.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
I was in the same pickle this spring, i was going to go with a weber spirit, but after further research on grill review sites, I settled with Char-Broil. Check them out, great warranty/service/parts, and affordable

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our MH is all electric, so I ditched the propane grill and got an Aussie Electric grill. Been using it for 5 years now. I got the table top version.... here's a link to the one with the stand.. same unit one with the stand , one without.
Aussie Grill
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
We use a canister-LP grill. No charcoal mess, but always available.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use an electric grill and if so which one? We are thinking it would be nice not to have to mess with LP or charcoal. As of now I believe we want to go with a Weber just not sure if it will be gas or electric.

The motorhome has a generator so electric wouldn't be a problem when boon docking.

IMHO I found it to be a big draw on the generator. Especially the griddles and fry pans because they continually go on and off to maintain temp causing spike draws.

Don't plan on using your AC while you are using an electric frying pan or BBQ using the gen. If the air is coming on the same time as the griddle is cycling it will usually trip. Unless you have a class a with a big diesel gen.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
We cook out side exclusively. So electric is not a good choice for camping the way we do. We do have an electric griddle we sometimes set up when we cook eggs, and livermush, or bacon.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
Carry electric and charcoal. Electric gets the most use. This is a grill, not a griddle.

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the Weber electric grill and it works quit well. Really can't tell the difference between it and the gas version in the way the food tastes. We used to have a gas Weber but we had lots of problems with regulators going bad.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I good flavor on that electric, just not so many carcinogens.
-- Chris Bryant