cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite Coax Hookup???

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
Based on the pictures of the back of the Coax cover, can anyone detail which cables are responsible for which function?

dh

[img] [/img]
9 REPLIES 9

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing in that wall plate is compatible with using a satellite TV connections as an input from outside. That's designed for cable. If you have another exterior coax connection, that may be usable or designed for satellite TV but you would need to know where that other connection terminates inside the coach.
If you want to use the coax inside that wall plate, there is a change you can modify the way it's wired with an A/B switch to allow either cable OR satellite TV but depending upon how it's wired, it may not be usable for satellite TV at all.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
This may help. Winegard Wall Plate
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

56Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
I think this may help post pics..

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Here is the link to the manual, which has everything known about your boc that your pictures show. take a look, and download the manual if you want to.

Power supply manual, How to hook it up.

Very nice! Thank you for taking the time to post the link.

dh

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the link to the manual, which has everything known about your boc that your pictures show. take a look, and download the manual if you want to.

Power supply manual, How to hook it up.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
From the back, the antenna input is on the left and the TV2 output is on the right. As said, the center is the cable input.

Thanks for the info. If I wanted my TV2 to broadcast my satellite feed that is displaying on my main TV (TV1), do you know what adapter/splitter I would need?

dh

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:
One side one is antenna in. Other side one goes to TV. Center cable goes to cable input on outside of coach and is active when preamp switch is off.

Sorry about the attached pictures not posting correctly (posting pictures on this site is most frustrating).

If I understand you correctly, I should not have to change any arrangement of cables (like I had to do on my last camper). The faceplate (which I did not get a picture of) has one 1" female socket and just below that a female coax port.

I do have the cable input on the exterior of the camper. So, I should be good to go, as I do not plan on using the camper's antenna.

Thanks for the quick reply.

dh

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
From the back, the antenna input is on the left and the TV2 output is on the right. As said, the center is the cable input.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
One side one is antenna in. Other side one goes to TV. Center cable goes to cable input on outside of coach and is active when preamp switch is off. You could use the center one fir satellite but it would need to be disconnected from plate and wired direct to receiver
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie