cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hymer Sunlight Van 1 offer

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to test the market on prices for a left over 2017 Van 1. I had looked at one again a couple of weeks ago and decided to make them an offer. They wanted $59,900 +/- so I offered them $50,000 including all fees plus I would pay sales tax. The salesman talked to the powers that be and came back with a no. Surprised me somewhat in that I have seen the vehicle on their website for probably a year now. I told him to keep me in mind and maybe in another few months they would be willing to talk to me. I know it I a basic unit etc, etc but for the goal I have for a unit like this, I think it might work at the right price.
Just thought the B group might have an interest in this.
7 REPLIES 7

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
These are built in less than a day... JH bragged about that fact on Facebook.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
Those Van Ones are odd. They have a six gallon gray tank for the kitchen sink, then a combined gray/black that requires a macerator pump for the shower/toilet.

The summer is here, and the 2019s will be hitting dealerships soon. I'm sure $50k will get a model off the lot come August/September.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
Never count on anybody to be rational when it comes to money, even the decision makers at a dealer. I watched a smaller dealer choke on two toy haulers for SIX years. The manufacturer went out of business, and the dealer though he had some sort of gold on his hands. I personally know two different folks that made him reasonable cash offers on the units, but were told no. The dealership owner eventually decided to retire and the haulers were sold at the liquidation auction. For about $12K each, IIRC. I also looked at a new, three year old trailer at a dealer in Florida. It was so damaged by the sun that the decals were falling off. I asked what the story was? Turns out that the current dealership owners bought out an existing place, owned by a guy who thought that giving you a couple of hundred bucks off a new RV was being mighty generous. As a result, the place was full of "new" rigs that were several years old. Apparently the old owner was wealthy, and his mind was still operating at a place where you didn't have to "give it away" to run an RV dealership. So yea, some people can be pretty odd, when it comes to deciding when to hold em' and when to fold.

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
I hear you on mark up and 30% but the van should have cost around $30K plus $10K for conversion. Those Van Ones are very basic, minimal labor and minimal interior refinements. If they are turning them out as quick as I have been led to believe, how much can they really have in them. I really do not care what they have in them as the question is, what is the market value. Sooner or later with inventory you need to sell and move on. They are almost ready to introduce the 2019 models, that will put this unit as two years old. I think I will call the other nearby Camping World stores and see if their sales managers are interested in moving their inventory. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I just need to free up some time from my other projects to make some calls.

Julievojo
Explorer
Explorer
Markup on a new RV is about 30%. If they have it marked down to $59K, they are probably already at cost.

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you get a call and become the owner. Don't go over the price you are willing to pay for that unit. I can't speak for the Hymer Sunlight but we love our Travato on the Promaster.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You did it right by walking. They should be able to come down at least that much.
I suspect they'll be calling you back in and countering. Hold your guns!