cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waxing and polishing RV

Beachme
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used topcoat F11 Polish wax on their RV and how does it work on Gel coat I know it is expensive here if it’s worth the money I would buy it
5 REPLIES 5

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
twins89 wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Prior to waxing the coach, use a fine clay bar with soap to wash the surfaces. This will give you a glass smooth surface that will take the wax better.

What is a clay bar>?

Clay bars are available at any auto supply store that sells waxes. It is basically like what it sounds like. It is a bar of clay that will remove any surface contaminants when rubbed over a wet surface.
Here is a link: All about clay bars

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Prior to waxing the coach, use a fine clay bar with soap to wash the surfaces. This will give you a glass smooth surface that will take the wax better.

What is a clay bar>?
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
I should add, by the way, that I also use Johnson's paste wax on all surfaces that absorb / lose liquid and become dried out after a period. It also seems to work pretty well in bringing some color back to dried decals, but wash them first and, as needed, use some polishing compound to remove the thin, discolored surface.
🙂
Lynn

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
It looks pretty good. For myself, I use Meguiar's marine wax. Also kind of pricy, but goes on nicely and is fine for decal-type stripes.
Lynn