cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling noises?

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, I’m a bit OCD and I hear everything so I’m not sure if this is something to be worried about but I have a 96 Bounder 34j with 11k miles on it and I notice I hear it make settle creaking sounds after it warms and cools. Everything is solid and there is no water damage but when walking down the hallway for the first time in the morning you will hear the noises on each side of the hallway, or if you walk behind the bed you will hear/feel a slight settle... doesn’t matter if jacks are up or down. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
That's just her way of telling you she is up and ready to roll.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
My stick built house does that, so I'm not concerned when my home on wheels does it. Everything flexes. My old Allegro has a looonnngg overhang in the rear. The entire bath and back bedroom are behind the rear axle. The leverage a few hundred pounds of humans has on the chassis is significant. I don't worry about the creaking.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Our 96 Southwind makes the same noises. I'm guessing they all do to some point.

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Old age creaking and groaning, happens to all of us.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The chassis on all vehicles will flex. That plus temperature change causes the expansion and contraction of dissimilar materials which will cause various noises. Of course it could be rodents eating your electrical wiring. :B