cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NH Rt 118 With C & toad

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone ever use NH Rt 118, we'll be in a 29' class C with toad & dolly, any problems between Canaan & Rt 25 near Rumney, heading across to I- 93.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
4 REPLIES 4

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks Drew, 7 , 4, 89 does look like much better roads, and as you said, probably faster anyways.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I remember when you first posted trying to remember if I had ever been on NH 118. I think I may have once in the dead of winter, and I remember some roads on that trip were definitely rather non-RV friendly and rough, but it was (a) the dead of winter and (b) on several roads, some of them very much back roads.

100 to 103 should be fine, though there are some curves and hills, which are pretty much unavoidable in this part of the country. 73 I'm not really familiar with; on google street view it does look a little steeper and curvier than the others, but to my estimation not too bad. I'd take my class C over it without hesitation (but with some care).

US7 South to US4 would be a reasonable route as well, and probably not any slower in practice (assuming you're heading south on I-89; if north, sticking on 100 would be decent and put you through some pretty countryside and a very pretty leg-stretch stop at Moss Glen Falls in Granville).

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
No one, ok, lets try this, Vt 73 from Brandon to Vt 100 to Vt 107 to I-89. I know 73 looks narrow with a 9% grade I saw on google maps.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guess no one has ever used this route, so I'll be the first, & let you know how it worked, just for future reference. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus