Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coast to Coast: Spiraling down of C2C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Coast to Coast

Open Roads Forum  >  Coast to Coast

> Spiraling down of C2C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/18 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been members of C2C since 2005. I am very disappointed to see the yearly decrease in the number of parks. If it is the $10/night, RAISE IT. I would expect the costs to go up over the years, not remain the same. It is very discouraging to see so few parks left. And almost all of the former Good Neighbor Parks are also Passport America, usually at less and easier to get into.

Barbara

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
Mischief (2004 Subaru Forester Toad) ">
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/18 04:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarbaraOK wrote:

We've been members of C2C since 2005. I am very disappointed to see the yearly decrease in the number of parks. If it is the $10/night, RAISE IT. I would expect the costs to go up over the years, not remain the same. It is very discouraging to see so few parks left. And almost all of the former Good Neighbor Parks are also Passport America, usually at less and easier to get into.

Barbara

It seems ironic the downward spiral coincides with the joining of the Good Sam family of companies. We too have noticed the decrease of participating resorts, not the mention of the backward regression of using the Good Neighbor parks, C2C members have to "call" the GNP in order to receive their "special discount". One would think with todays technical advances they could figure out how to do it online, I guess not, even though others have, KOA for one. We have a number of trip points to use, and when they're gone, we will no longer renew our membership.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/18 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello BarbaraOK,

Thank you for your time and feedback. I will forward your comments to the leadership team for review.

Thank you for your membership and have a good day.
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/18 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Membership parks derive all their income from selling new memberships. Buyers have become much more savvy and these arrangements have fallen out of favor. People interested in these type of contracts are more likely to purchase on the resale market meaning less income for the parks. With falling revenues the parks delay or cancel upgrades and postpone repairs. That results in the parks being less desirable, meaning the park has to compete only on price further decreasing revenues leading to a downward spiral. The minimal daily fees, be it ten bucks or increased to fifteen or twenty bo nothing more than cover added costs. The park is working for free. Plus, charging ten dollars to membership guests creates customer relations issues with the full rate guests. They only hear that their neighbor paid ten dollars and they paid forty.
Eventually all this leads to either the park leaving the network to pursue a different business model or just closing the doors because the deferred maintanence exceeds their financial capacity.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/18 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Membership parks are going the way of the dinosaur. The crazy cost of joining today is just nuts. I have seen prices up to 12,000 bucks, and for what you get its not worth it in my opinion. I have had mine for years and do not use it enough to get a payback from it. As stated, too few parks to use and good neighbor parks take passport too so...

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Coast to Coast

> Spiraling down of C2C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Coast to Coast

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS