cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping Mother's Day weekend

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
This past weekend these two trailers pulled in and set up on the row in front of us. I had to get a couple of pictures. I kind of looked like a "throw back" back moment to the 80's. the one on the left is a '87 Aljo Aly, and on the right is an 89 Fleetwood Terry "Resort". I spoke to the man with the Terry, and they had only had it a week. He said it had been completely restored to near original condition. The other belonged to his brother and they plan to begin restoration on it this fall.

John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
4 REPLIES 4

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I have found nostalgic memories of our late 1960s 14 foot trailer. I pulled it with a behemoth with an engine over 400 cu-in.

I also recall what it lacked, that I enjoy now that I am older. 🙂

Fun to recall, but would not want to go back.....unless I could also shed the 40 plus years also. 🙂
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, it seems the older campers and the shinny new campers grab our attention. Everything in between somehow, just goes by unnoticed.

Here's one we had camped near us a couple years ago. I never did see the owner though. My parents had one similar to this, only bigger. I estimate the year of this to be somewhere between 1963 and 1965.

Great older campers, gotta love them. No wonder the "Retro" versions are gaining popularity.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I love my 91 and its nowhere near as nice as something that's been restored. the front window is a major plus for us
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
That looks great. Nothing wrong with older campers. 🙂

(Greetings from someone who used to live in B'ham and traveled to/through Montgomery a few times...)