Verizon cell & broadband

2003 DP Escaper 3979/330 cat MH
PT
http://jerryjudytravels.blogspot.com

9 REPLIES 9

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
It all depends. Going all the way through east to west or west to east I have never even had to slow down. OK, I admit there were no accidents, but I've been through at almost every hour except morning rush and have never had a problem on I-20.

Now getting up to I-30 would involve an entirely different situation: namely 635.

My comment relates to I-20. I consider it NO PROBLEM!

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would rather have a root canal than drive through the Metroplex. The traffic is horrific. Between rush hours is marginally ok, but I suggest you position yourself to drive through there sometime after the previous night's drunks are off the road and the morning rush. Say before 6:30 am. Previous routing information provided above is valid. We have to make a couple trips a year in that direction for family reasons. Haven't got the guts to take the MH on those trips. It's bad enough in the truck.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
If I was driving from west to east thru the Dallas/ Ft Worth area I'd get on I-20 and stay there. Now when you think your getting close to Ft Worth get in the 3rd lane because I-20 goes to the left, and if your not your going up 820 loop.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The approx 40 miles of US 380 from I-35 on west edge of Denton to the east side of McKinney has around 50 traffic lights and traffic to match. Barely get up to speed from one light before stopping for next. Once was a good route before massive growth occurred.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or at Abilene go up to 380 and east and totally bypass it. You can then drop back down if you want to after you are past. We are never in a hurry though, so avoid large cities when we travel.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I live in the area and agree with above. West side of Ft Worth stay on I-20 at the I-30 split. Goes around the south side of both Ft Worth and Dallas. Then I-635 up the east side of Dallas to I-30. And mid day. Normal traffic flow outside of rush hours runs at speed limit or above. Unless there is an accident or construction. But other than getting off on secondary highways there is no other way to get around the DFW area.

I would personally suffer thru a little traffic backup on I-20 than take I-30 thru downtown Ft Worth and downtown Dallas. But looking at google maps traffic for potential traffic problems is a good idea and may let you decide to stop for lunch or rest break to let it clear.

khager76248
Explorer
Explorer
When I am traveling into Dallas or Fort Worth, I always check google map traffic and sometimes sig alert. I20 is usually a safe bet, but sometimes I30 is better, or even 183 through euless. I would just check when you are betting close.
:)2008 Georgetown 315DS SE:)

cgaskins
Explorer
Explorer
William Willard wrote:
Stay on I-20 -- On the east side of the Dallas area, take I-635 -- It will take you to I-30 east -- DON`T take I-30 at the I-20/I-30 split west of Ft Worth -- Bill Willard

Agreed. Just avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours.
A resident of the great city of Austin, Texas
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate (6.7 Powerstroke)

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
Stay on I-20 -- On the east side of the Dallas area, take I-635 -- It will take you to I-30 east -- DON`T take I-30 at the I-20/I-30 split west of Ft Worth -- Bill Willard