cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

South Dakota

mtnman1989
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for camping in the northwest corner of South Dakota. The towns are Buffalo, SD and Camp Crook, SD. Boondocking preferred. This is about 100 miles north of Mt Rushmore.
Thanks, mtnman
7 REPLIES 7

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
Vette Racer wrote:
Lake DeSmet Potts Landing just outside Buffalo has boondocking sites for 10 bucks, some right on the shore, there is some with electric in an area just up from the lake for 15 dollars if I remember right. great place to overnight.

I think that one would be Buffalo, Wyoming.
Thanks, you are correct, saw Buffalo but didn't notice SD.
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vette Racer wrote:
Lake DeSmet Potts Landing just outside Buffalo has boondocking sites for 10 bucks, some right on the shore, there is some with electric in an area just up from the lake for 15 dollars if I remember right. great place to overnight.

I think that one would be Buffalo, Wyoming.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

mtnman1989
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, This is very helpful. I was looking and searching on my mapping software and also on Goggle and other search engines. I guess Banks, fast food and and other commercial interest are easier to find than a little cg....LoL

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a campground called Reva Gap Campground, in the Custer National Forest 20 miles from Buffalo in the Slim Buttes. It is one of our favorite spots, and we go there every year. There is some beautiful views there, but maybe not from all sites. It is a forest service campground, but as of last year they weren't chargingfor the sites.

There is a listing for a dump station in Buffalo, but there isn't one there anymore.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
freecampsites.net has boondocking areas as well as inexpensive campgrounds listed. You could check to see if they have something listed for the area.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Just goggle bondocking in that area, to many places to show here.