cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

small turkey breast roll

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Last weekend I fixed for the first time a turkey breast the one that you get that is like a small football shape. It cost around $9. comes with a gravy packet and is tied. It was so good, I cooked it in my Super wave oven. Came out so tender and gave us lots of servings. Found in the freezer section with other turkey's.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!
4 REPLIES 4

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't use the bacon, but brine it in a mixture of water, kosher salt, maple syrup, brown sugar and bourbon. Place on smoker for about 4 hours. Wrap in foil, return to the smoker for another hour, remove, wrap in towel and place in a cooler for another hour to hour and a half. Unwrap, let rest a bit while preparing the rest of the meal and enjoy. Unbelievable!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like to do a bacon wrapped turkey breast in the dutch oven. Tasty. Here's a vid showing how to do the lattice bacon wrap. We don't add the stuffing to the center of the turkey roll. We cook the stuffing separately with a rich, seasoned chicken broth.
Lattice wrapping the bacon.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Debbie, we too like turkey. We have ben preparing them for some time. They turn out really well, and with limited freezer space in an RV, they are definitely the ticket.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, I'll be looking for it...

Have been 'Looking' for something else to try other than Pork Loins/chops etc..
thanks..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website