cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to uninstall spyhunter4

DKean
Explorer
Explorer
I want to uninstall spyhunter4 and it wont let me. How do I do it?
We now have a 2018 Ford Explorer,2wheel drive.
6 REPLIES 6

Using an uninstaller app after the fact will not likely be any more effective than using Windows built-in uninstall. You need to install an app that tracks or records programs being installed, logging both files and registry changes. Though even these apps do not insure 100% removal, they tend to be much more effective. I've even had these remove pup/malware files and reg entries installed by other programs.

MrWizard
i used total uninstaller on a previous PC
i found it very helpful

i currently use Ashampoo Uninstaller 5, on this PC

any of them work best, when they are running in the background and monitor the install

if a program has hidden pieces under other names
re-installing it again, while the uninstaller monitors the install and 'first run' of the offending program
allows for the best chance of removing all traces
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Download the free version of Revo Uninstaller...it will "force" uninstall programs and all traces...

Revo...HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.enigmasoftware.com/program-uninstall-steps/

Manually uninstalling it requires finding all the pieces of it, and that's usually a major chore. It sounds like they don't really want you to uninstall it, at first glance.

This might help in cases where the normal uninstall fails, or so it says. I have never used it, but it says it can get rid of Spyhunter. I do not know anything about this program, and I would only use it as a last resort, at your own risk. There are other suggested options there as well.
https://www.totaluninstaller.com/program-uninstall-center/uninstall-spyhunter-4/

There are other programs suggested out there at websites like CNET and Techradar and PCWorld that claim to be able to uninstall stubborn programs. You could try them at your own risk as well.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

DKean
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry,windows 10. dell laptop.
We now have a 2018 Ford Explorer,2wheel drive.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Windows? 7,8,8.1,10? What have you tried?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"