cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing original TV hookup with a Winegard SensarPro

MustangDan74
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks, I bought the Winegard SensarPro to replace my original TV hookup but I'm wondering, the cable would run from my original plate to the back of the TV. With the SensarPro am I going to need go still a hole in the wall to connect my TV to the new plate? I was thinking I would run the wire through the new plate if that is what I have to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks-Dan

3 REPLIES 3

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have no idea where your existing TV and wall plate is. I mounted our new SensarPro on the hollow interior wall (backing onto bathroom) below the TV and ran new coax & 12VDC wire up to where the original TV plate was on the ceiling. Needed two coax cables to the new SensarPro and two back to the old location (total 4 coax cables to/from) - one pair for living area TV and one for TV in bedroom. I went to a local AV shop and had custom RG6 coax lengths made up using compression fittings. I mounted a standard blank wall plate over the hole where the old wallplate used to be. If I were to do it over, I would have mounted the Sensarpro on a wall closer to where the antenna is.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
How I suggest folks do it

First remove wall plate, LABELE EVERY WIRE or Cable Now see if the Sensar Pro fits without the spacer.> it does. GOOD. it does not see if it fits with teh spacer

now make a small notch to pass the TV one lead off the back of the Sensar Pro

Re-connect label to label (Ant, TV-2 Park cable) and the power leads

Bolt it in place
Hook up TV 1 cable (if used. NOTE if nothign connected to TV 1 you do not need the notch)

Power on and see if it works.. Mine did. Still does.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted my SensarPro in an electrical surface mount box and brought the television cable out the side of the box where it couldn't be seen. The box was also necessary because the wall the original wall plate was mounted on wasn't deep enough to accommodate the SP and the stiff cables that connected to it.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380