Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: PROJECT UPDATE Atwood Levelegs Controller location?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> PROJECT UPDATE Atwood Levelegs Controller location?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
SpurHntr

Northeast PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone know where Newmar might of mounted the Atwood Levelegs Controller in a 2008 KSDP 3916?

It is not where the Magnum Invertor/Converter is as I thought it would be.

Crawled though entire basement on my back and sides and can't seem to locate it, looked in all the bays too...least I think I looked fairly thoroughly.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

* This post was edited 08/12/18 04:41pm by SpurHntr *

'08 Newmar Kountry Star 3916, 400ISL Cummins
'17 F250 Diesel Platty SRW Crew 6.75' bed
'17 JKU Rubicon Recon, LoD flat towable Destroyer bumper.
Blue Ox, BB, PP TPMS, Ranger EV

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have,seen them buried in the closet

philandterri

Myrtle Beach SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/18 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Atwood Levelegs controller on our 2006 Bounder was located under the dash on the side wall, close to the control panel. Not hard to get to. Our controller was obsolete and could not find a replacement.We even sent it to a place that repairs electronics, unrepairable. No help from Atwood or Lippert. hope you have better luck. We are going to install a Big Foot system.

SpurHntr

Northeast PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philandterri wrote:

The Atwood Levelegs controller on our 2006 Bounder was located under the dash on the side wall, close to the control panel. Not hard to get to. Our controller was obsolete and could not find a replacement.We even sent it to a place that repairs electronics, unrepairable. No help from Atwood or Lippert. hope you have better luck. We are going to install a Big Foot system.

yeah, i can pay $4500 for the "upgrade kit" installed by the stealership....but, I'm just going to go manual with a Gama Electronics 4 channel remote control switch...and plan to install a temporary switch for the air dump bags while I'm at it.

if only i could find the **** thing

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should be mounted in the front outside drivers side Storage in front of the LF tire on the Ceiling of the storage compartment. Hopefully you do not need a new controller as LCI/Atwood no longer have them. Doug

mccsix

Pensacola Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my Bounder its on the ceiling, right side forward compartment.
I have the out of production power gear elec system....laughingly now supported by Lippert.
I've put 12v to ea jack and they work fine up & down. After many shop visits and troubleshooting Lippert's recommended solution is to replace 2 of the 4 jacks ($2400). Even though the existing jacks test good and go & down with 12v applied directly....they couldn't explain why new jacks would fix the problem!
So I am going to the wiring diagram, install 4 three-way switches and by pass all the controller wiring.

* This post was edited 05/20/18 02:11pm by mccsix *

SpurHntr

Northeast PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Should be mounted in the front outside drivers side Storage in front of the LF tire on the Ceiling of the storage compartment. Hopefully you do not need a new controller as LCI/Atwood no longer have them. Doug

looked in that bay twice....never thought to look UP!!!!
Will check

Yeah, was told the controller is bad by my local dealer. The retrofit kit from Atwood they say would be like $4500 installed, apparently comes with new jacks.
I paid $1600 for a new rear jack WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX THE PROBLEM per dealer but didn't...far as that jack goes I knew it was bad,,,on an ALL RETRACT move last year that jack stayed extended then it collapsed suddenly before i could get the pad to extend the other jacks....so, I needed rebuilt or replace (i just went with new, was $1100 to do myself and i like doing a lot myself but felt that was $500 well spent considering the tenuous airbag situation with faulty levelers being tied together not to mention my lack of a pit to work in)

Want to swap out a manual 4 way switch by GAMA and install a temporary switch to dump air too while at it. Good buddy of mine is an electrician who is going to help me out.

SpurHntr

Northeast PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mccsix wrote:

On my Bounder its on the ceiling, right side forward compartment.
I have the out of production power gear elec system....laughingly now supported by Lippert.
I've put 12v to ea jack and they work fine up & down. After many shop visits and troubleshooting Lippert's recommended solution is to replace 2 of the 4 jacks ($2400). Even though the existing jacks test good and go & down with 12v applied directly....they couldn't explain why new jacks would fix the problem!
So I am going to the wiring diagram, install 4 three-way switches and by pass all the controller wiring.

Thats what Im going to do.
Check out GAMA ELECTRONICS
They have some awesome remote control operated switches that would work for your application.
For about $200 total I will have one 4 motor polarity reversing RF remote controlled operated switch and a single temporary one for the air dump feature.

accsys

Green Cove Springs, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/18 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it's worth, we had Tiffin upgrade our system to the new one three years ago for about 2,300 including labor. However, I don't believe any of the Atwood Levelegs components are available from Lippert anymore, new or old systems - they have completely quit supporting them.

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2007 Tiffin Phaeton QDH 40 w/Cat 7 350
2004 Liberty Renegade 4x4 Toad
Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar
Air Force One toad braking system
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

SpurHntr

Northeast PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/18 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

accsys wrote:

For what it's worth, we had Tiffin upgrade our system to the new one three years ago for about 2,300 including labor. However, I don't believe any of the Atwood Levelegs components are available from Lippert anymore, new or old systems - they have completely quit supporting them.

yeah, my local dealer prices are insane.
for 2 chassis batteries and 4 house batteries wanted $1800.
I just did them today myself for $700, replacing them with exactly the same size and CCC/Ah rated batteries.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> PROJECT UPDATE Atwood Levelegs Controller location?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS