cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bathroom shower head

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2018 Forest River Sonoma and and getting ready for our first trip out this weekend. I am sanitizing the tanks per the manual...so turning on all faucets one at a time until not air comes out...check...now the shower will not turn off. The nozzels don't seem to stop the flow to the head. The head itself has a kind of toggle button but water is still coming out...any ideas? I just turned off the pump and went in the house. keeping a sense of humor.
8 REPLIES 8

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the helpful information

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
After you get the valves working and are in the market for a really good shower head I highly recommend this Oxygenics.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
The valve on the shower head is designed NOT to cut off the flow completely! Reason is that with the shower faucet handles turned, hot water can circulate back around to the tank, filing both lines with very hot water. Then if you are in the shower, and turn on the valve at the shower head, you can get scalded with hot water. So don't try to make that work. It is a safety feature.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with you Dick B. My husband is taking the valves apart right now to see whats up. I am sure they are supposed to shut off flow. He is pretty handy and I am glad we are testing out things before we take off on Wednesday.
I think it will be a priority to replace the shower head and we are still under warranty but I understand that warranty work is quite a process...again sense of humor will be key here

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Very strange. If you are handy it's time to take the valves apart to see what is going on. Maybe construction junque is keeping the valves from closing completely. The alternative is to go to your destination and hire a mobile tech to fix the problem that may be $50+ but the problem would be solved.
And it would be of interest to find out what the problem was. Lots of RVers post problems but very seldom post the solution after using all of our great advice.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've never heard of a shower that had to be turned off at the shower head and not handles on the wall.

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
they just regulate the pressure and hot and cold but do not stop flow

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
You said "The nozzels don't seem to stop the flow to the head." Do the valves stop the flow to the head?
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS