cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get in touch with management at DirecTV

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how to reach someone up the line at Directv. I asked about buying a used, Ebay, DVR and was told by Technical Assistance to call ahead with the Receiver ID number before buying.

I have called on about 6 that was listed as "pre-owned" only to find out they were not.

Called friday night about one more and was told it was good to go. I asked the agent twice more to be positive that it was good, before making an offer. I was assured that it was good.

Made an offer and it was accepted.

Called today to get a new card, which I knew was required. Agent said, at first that it was no problem but then went to question a supervisor because she couldn't process the order. Came back and said she was sorry but it couldn't be activated because it had been previously leased. Apologies galore, but no card. ARG!!!

Asked the agent how I could get to someone in the top office to wager my complaint. Apparently, they are isolated from customers. I would try going through AT&T but I doubt I could even find anyone who even spoke decent English.
11 REPLIES 11

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
If that is the case, then why on earth would you go to the trouble of buying a receiver, when you can just "lease" one for the same monthly fee?

Because they want an up front fee for the leased boxes. DVR's around $199 and receivers $99. Then you get to pay the $7 per month. I don't know about the Genie.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
mikestock wrote:
RJsfishin wrote:
They won't activate anything anymore that they can't collect rent on.

For myself, they called a couple days ago, left message that I qualify for a 50% discount on my bill. But I can't seem talk to anyone either. But I'm not going to get any discount anyway, so it don't matter.

I still don't get any reason why they don't want to activate any new receiver. They get $20 for the new card and collect $7/month, regardless.

If that is the case, then why on earth would you go to the trouble of buying a receiver, when you can just "lease" one for the same monthly fee?

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:

For myself, they called a couple days ago, left message that I qualify for a 50% discount on my bill. But I can't seem talk to anyone either. But I'm not going to get any discount anyway, so it don't matter.

I still don't get any reason why they don't want to activate any new receiver. They get $20 for the new card and collect $7/month, regardless.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo,
I agree with you although I have, so far, not been able to sort out who is running DirecTV since AT&T took over. Only thing I might add that a hand written letter as opposed to an email or, even a typed letter may work better.

Sorry. This is off topic:

A few years ago I had an issue with a regional manager for COE parks. Made no headway talking with him on the phone. Although his position was unreasonable and steadfast, he had no interest in discussing the matter.

I wrote a two page hand written letter to my US congressman, explaining my position and the untenable reasoning of the COE official. It got the attention of the congressman and within about a month the park office informed me and everyone entering the campground of the change in policy. I never talked with the COE official again but I'm pretty sure he knew where the edict from his boss came from.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
There have been 3 times in my life that I wanted to talk to "the top." On all 3 occasions, I went to the company's website under invester relations and got the USPS address for the CEO of the corporation (Sony Corp was in Tokyo). I wrote a nice, polite, one page letter in each instance and mailed it. In all 3 cases, I got exactly what I was asking for.

Be sure the letter is factual. Be sure the letter is polite. Be sure the letter is one page long, not a tome. (I used a smaller font on one of them to keep it at one page.) Attach any documentation supporting your position as attachments. (The letter to Ford included as attachments the invoice for the work they did on my truck, and the invoice for the repairs *I* had to do when they broke other stuff and blew me off when I brought it back.) Include all facts, even if they are not in your favor. It is better for YOU to tell them anything that is against your position, so you can rebut them in your original letter, and, more importantly, not appear to be hiding anything. You want to appear (and be) completely honest.

I have only had to do this 3 times, but it has never failed. (I even got a phone call from Tokyo about 3 months later to ask if I was properly taken care of by the U.S. subsidiary.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
mikestock wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Office of the president@directv.com

Are you serious?

Pr1080@att.com

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:

Are you serious?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Try (800) 331-0500?
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried using chat? I find that much better than the phone... for anything.

Perhaps the lesson here is to get one from DTV. Yes, it will cost more, and you don't want to hear that, but it may be easier than what you're doing.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman