cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1062 - Shower Drain to Gray or Black Water?

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have a 1062 and can tell me if the shower drains to the black water tank or the gray water tank?

Thanks for any help,
Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
24 REPLIES 24

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a follow up:

I spoke with a very helpful Lance rep today and he did confirm that the shower drains into the gray tank on a 1062 Lance.

Thanks all for your responses.
BradW
Wake Up America

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our Lance 500, I know the kitchen sink drain into the gray tank. I'm not sure about the bath sink and shower.
Wake Up America

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
gitpicker2009 wrote:
I'm surprised to learn that the showers on some models actually dump into the black tank as the sewage. The eliminates being able flush your hose clean with the soapy shower water after dumping the black tanks. I prefer what I have with 2 separate tanks.

"Usually" this is with older campers with side and rear mounted holding tanks secured with straps..There is still two holding tanks on most for washing out the sewer hose, but just smaller than the ones with a basement.

My grey tank is secured to the side of the camper strapped in place and the rear larger black tank, is at the rear of the camper, also secured by straps.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised to learn that the showers on some models actually dump into the black tank as the sewage. The eliminates being able flush your hose clean with the soapy shower water after dumping the black tanks. I prefer what I have with 2 separate tanks.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a black tank, just grey. I have a cassette toilet.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to try that.
Wake Up America

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:
Guess I will contact lance and ask them.

Lance owners forum will get you an answer.
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Put shower drain in to plug off water from draining out of shower. Put about 2" or 3" of water in your shower tray. Turn off city water faucet and in coach water pump.

Flush toilet and hold foot peddle down.

Turn on flash light and look down toilet hole. Have someone open shower drain which will allow the stationary water in shower tray to flow into coach piping.

Watch down toilet hole to see and hear if the water that is draining from shower tray goes into black tank.

Question answered. Let us know what you find.

Lakeside

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess I will contact lance and ask them.
Wake Up America

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot tell you if your 1062 drains into the black tank but I can say (for what its worth ) that my 1997 Lance shower drains into the black tank. I disconnected the shower from the black tank and connected a hose to the shower and drain that into a bucket... works for me.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
S Davis wrote:
I think host drains the kitchen and bathroom sinks into the black tank as they are in the drivers side slide with the toilet.

Which models?

I think all of the Host campers have the bath sink going into the black tank. And I am not sure on the kitchen models that have the bath sink, toilet and kitchen sink all in the drivers side slide.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We waited too long to buy a 480 and had to buy a 500. I really don't know where our shower drains because we have only used it a couple of times because its so dang small.
Wake Up America

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
If its in your black tank, call your lawyer. That is against the law. Seriously doubt it is in the black tank.

This is a quote from the RV doctor.

"Itโ€™s unfortunate, but it is permissible for RV manufacturers to allow a liquid fixture to drain into the black water holding tank and still satisfy the requirements of the NFPA 1192, Standard for Recreational Vehicles."

I must say,I am a little surprised that very few people have encountered the shower going into the black tank..It is/was more common than one would think.The answer from the RV doctor was from someone who just purchased a $150,000 motorhome..

My Lance 480 does just that.
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
For sure it would drain into the gray tank that's a pretty high end camper.
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.