cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiberglass roof repair in So. CA

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
I have a one piece fiberglass roof on my 2008 Tiffin. I have a couple 8 inch cracks in the fiberglass right where the roof rolls over the edge. The cracks are about 8 inches apart from each other.

Tiffin said they will fix it at no charge. I just have to get to Red Bay. They may also pay for somebody else to fix it. But, I am looking to sell the rig in the next 30 days, and I want to get the cracks repaired.

Does anybody know of a shop around So. CA that does fiberglass repair?

Thanks for your help!
Jim and Deanna

2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA FRED
2007 Carson Trailer 22' Titan TH
Trailer Toad
Me, Wife, Boy/22, Boy/19, Girl/17
1985 Toyota 4Runner
TWO quads, THREE kids, TWO motorcycles, ONE wife, TWO dogs, ONE cat, TWO Polaris RZR's
8 REPLIES 8

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
GHOST1750 wrote:
I had that happen to my roof some 13 years ago. I put duct tape on it and it is still there. It was a very thin almost see through tape.

I put Eternabond tape on the cracks. That repair will last forever. But, I am looking to get a new rig, and I want this fixed so it looks good for the next owner. It is just for cosmetics. Fix the cracks and repaint a small section.

I never had the time to fix the things I wanted to fix. But, now I am finding the time to fix every little thing now that I am going to sell it or trade it in! Go figure.
Jim and Deanna

Trailer Toad
1985 Toyota 4Runner
TWO quads, THREE kids, TWO motorcycles, ONE wife, TWO dogs, ONE cat, TWO Polaris RZR's

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
FIRE UP wrote:
time_to_go_now wrote:
I have a one piece fiberglass roof on my 2008 Tiffin. I have a couple 8 inch cracks in the fiberglass right where the roof rolls over the edge. The cracks are about 8 inches apart from each other.

Tiffin said they will fix it at no charge. I just have to get to Red Bay. They may also pay for somebody else to fix it. But, I am looking to sell the rig in the next 30 days, and I want to get the cracks repaired.

Thanks for your help!

Well time_to_go_now,
"So CA" is a big area. There's probably a thousand qualified shops that can and will fix your issue. If, you're in the San Diego area of So. CA, I can highly recommend San Diego RV Center on Bond in El Cajon CA. OUTSTANDING WORK was done on our coach when I backed into the corner of our home. (what an airhead). You can't even tell it was ever damaged.
Scott

Thanks fro the lead!
Jim and Deanna

Trailer Toad
1985 Toyota 4Runner

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
time_to_go_now wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Well time_to_go_now,
"So CA" is a big area. There's probably a thousand qualified shops that can and will fix your issue. If, you're in the San Diego area of So. CA, I can highly recommend San Diego RV Center on Bond in El Cajon CA. OUTSTANDING WORK was done on our coach when I backed into the corner of our home. (what an airhead). You can't even tell it was ever damaged.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I had that happen to my roof some 13 years ago. I put duct tape on it and it is still there. It was a very thin almost see through tape.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
doc brown wrote:
RV Paint Pros, Jurupa Valley in the Ontario area not too far from the Paint Department. I have used both and I prefer RV Paint Pros.

Thanks.
Jim and Deanna

Trailer Toad
1985 Toyota 4Runner

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
RV Paint Pros, Jurupa Valley in the Ontario area not too far from the Paint Department. I have used both and I prefer RV Paint Pros.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Yes, I have a recommendation.

The Paint Dept. in Chino, CA. We had a repair done on our '08 Dynasty back in 2008 as I bumped the entrance to our storage garage. They did an excellent job on the repair and paint. We had the 'fading' color design in our paint scheme and it looked perfect.

The Paint Dept. is a very busy RV repair facility.
www.thepaintdepartment.com

MM.

Thanks. I'll call. But, it sure is a good time to be in the RV repair business! Appointment times are months out!
Jim and Deanna

Trailer Toad
1985 Toyota 4Runner

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I have a recommendation.

The Paint Dept. in Chino, CA. We had a repair done on our '08 Dynasty back in 2008 as I bumped the entrance to our storage garage. They did an excellent job on the repair and paint. We had the 'fading' color design in our paint scheme and it looked perfect.

The Paint Dept. is a very busy RV repair facility.
www.thepaintdepartment.com

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins