cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding exterior shower

radiojeffrv
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Majestic 28A Class C. I would like to add an exterior shower to the unit. I have a good idea about how to do it, but I am worried about cutting a hole in the side of the RV. I have the wall plans from Thor, so I know where to cut... but I am worried about doing it. lol

Has anyone ever cut a hole in the side of their Class C? Any advice would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I sorta added an outdoor shower and then some.

My low point drains are 2 angle valves under the kitchen sink with PEX extending down through the floor and hanging 4 inches below the fabric ender belly. I added a Flair-it PEX x 1/2 male pipe thread fitting, brass 1/2 fem pipi thread x 3/4 male garden hose adapter and a female garden hose x quick connect garden hose fitting with built in ball valve to both low points drains.

I can close the ball valve, open the low point drains and use the hot and cold water independently as needed, connect both lines to a laundry room sink with faucet or connect the cold water low point to an outdoor Eco temp water heater with shower wand and hose. I can also connect the water heater hot line back into the trailer hot low point for on demand it water use inside the trailer.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I'd cut from the inside half way through then dig into the Styrofoam with my hands so I could make sure there wasn't any wiring in the way. The outside would be very hard to repair if things went south.

MrWizard
I use mine at least once a week
I use it to clean up when I have been working outside
The spray head makes it easy to wash the soap off my arms
And it gets used as a dog wash at doggie bath time
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
ksg5000 wrote:
My outside shower was contained inside one of the outside compartments - no modification of outside necessary. My outside shower (like many others) tended to leak - became more trouble than it was worth and I removed it.

I used my outside shower twice a year. once to winterize. once to de winterize.
bumpy

:B:W Same here

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
My outside shower was contained inside one of the outside compartments - no modification of outside necessary. My outside shower (like many others) tended to leak - became more trouble than it was worth and I removed it.

I used my outside shower twice a year. once to winterize. once to de winterize.
bumpy

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I added an outside shower to a previous Class C. I located it between two studs under the bathroom sink, making the water hookups pretty simple using push-on Watts PEX connectors. I made the opening cut by drilling the four corners with a hole saw sized to match the new box corner radius, and then connecting the holes with a fine tooth blade in a saws-all. As always, double check the dimensions and layout before cutting...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought? Could you somehow add extension to your low-point drains under the camper and bring them to the side of the camper. At the end, add a normal garden hose style threaded pipe so you can attach a hose and simply use a garden sprayer. This way, you have flexibility to move the shower head (sprayer) around. By disconnecting the hose from the extended low point drains, you now have your low point drains back in service. I've seen campers where folks have actually done this. Of course, you'll need to add a hot and cold faucet too. Still, pretty simple to do, and no drilling holes in the camper. And completely removable if you end up not liking it after all.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Kevin