cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

meguiar's endurance tire gel

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use this product on their tires?
I was told not to use Armour All, but heard that this product was actually good to use on the sidewall of tires.
9 REPLIES 9

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
I agree and 303 Aerospace is what I use as well.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
And, Michelin specifically recommends AGAINST any product with either petroleum base OR silicone.

Per the link below, 303 protectant is water-based. IME it's fine stuff, in all its versions.

I started using it after re-furbing some car headlights. It kept them from oxidizing again, for 4 years. That made a believer out of me.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
And, Michelin specifically recommends AGAINST any product with either petroleum base OR silicone.

Per the link below, 303 protectant is water-based. IME it's fine stuff, in all its versions.

I started using it after re-furbing some car headlights. It kept them from oxidizing again, for 4 years. That made a believer out of me.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure 303 is a good, a safe, bet. I asked at Discount's Tire about sidewall treatments, seeing they apply something when they do a Balance/Rotate of your tires. Manager was familiar with the Petro-Silicone issue and said they use a "Mequiar's Product" that enhanced appearance and was safe. They apparently buy it in liquid bulk and put it in spray bottles for their techs to apply. They offered to give me some if I brought my own bottle. Ielo haven't and also haven't seen any labeling of the product.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
X2 Aerospace 303 for uv protection

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Working around ozone and rubber including neoprene, I can vouch the fact that only one thing seems to reduce hardening and age cracking.

Dielectric silicone grease

I'm a little wary of using aerosol silicone because the propellant is hydrocarbon based. I also believe pure lanolin paste would help with dry out. Keeping UV off of tires is also necessary.

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
Tagged for interest. I've not used that Meguiar's product specifically but I like their interior cleaners.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke