cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Marcus must be listening & acting on our issues after all...

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
After suffering for interminable arrival of my orders in previous purchases, I've now experienced quick turn-around and arrivals for my latest ones. Granting it's still not as quick as Amazon prime.

As I said, for us RVers, Camping World is a nice support structure all over the country as the go-to for everything that we would need, emergencies and repairs and as a Member and subscriber to all their services and warranties would be happy to be loyal.

I have not called their Service Department lately and I hope they've improved tremendously. This is the service most critical for us if we find ourselves needing their assistance in far flung locations and getting their usual (or their previous response to me) that this is a "dealer's issue and they are not a dealer branch", or "we can schedule you after next week" or, "you have to pay $150 per hour on labor so you can't get your rig back immediately as we need to get the approval for your extended warranty."

We wish Camping World's continued improvement. Marcus appears attuned to business issues and commonsensical holistic customer service needs to deliver these goals.
21 REPLIES 21

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
TheLuvShack,

Thank you for your patience; I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
TheLuvShack,

Thank you for your membership number and your feedback regarding the benefits of the Good Sam Club.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mark but why do I even bother with CW? I've already purchased elsewhere so the damage is done. The benefits of Good Sam and CW IS NOT worth the BS of the poorly trained reps. I've also had difficulty getting the gas discount that is promised with membership. It's not until you sign up and pay the membership fee that you discover that the gas discount is not available at ALL Pilot stations. I'd call that BAIT and SWITCH. I'd like a full refund.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
TheLuvShack,

Thank you for your time and posting. I would like to share your experience with our leadership team. If able please send a PM with your contact information and membership number. Thank you in advance.

Thank you,

Mark

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
Was on website yesterday Sunday and MaxxAir II vent covers were around $37 each. Couldn't find my membership number and CW was closed so decided to wait until today Monday to complete order. Called and got my number. Went online and now price is like $49. Called CS and rep wanted membership #, name, address, phone# and email. Enough is enough! At this point I'm aggravated and wouldn't give email. She wouldn't proceed without email. I asked to speak with a supervisor. Rep hung up on me.

I searched online and got the same product for $18 + shippng. Total was $12 less that CW. Why do I even bother with CW? I'll buy elsewhere!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
SWFL FlyFisher,

Thank you for the update and I am sorry to hear about your table. I will reach out to you in a private message.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

SWFL_FlyFisher
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my folding table finally arrived - BUT it's damaged. Sigh.

Now to deal with return/replacement. We've got a trip scheduled for 6/5 and I had figured that ordering on 5/14 would have given us plenty of time.

Suggestions from the Good Sam Care Team?

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
RTCastillo,

Thank you for the feedback and the suggestion.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
And for postscript, Amazon sent me two items with different brands each with similar capabilities telling me to just choose what I want and return the other. Then gave me goodwill discount of 25% of my purchase because they may be unable to make their exact date commitment on the arrival of my order.

Stacy/Ella - we can only dream that Camping World can do the same.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
SWFL FlyFisher,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and providing your feedback. I am sorry about the delay with your order. Please send us a private message if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

SWFL_FlyFisher
Explorer
Explorer
Well thanks to the team here it looks like my folding table finally shipped and is now in FedEx's hands with an expected delivery date of 5/30, a full 16 days after I ordered and paid for an item listed as being "in stock and ready to ship". I'm still amazed that it has taken so long and even more surprised that there was no notice from Camping World about the delay.

I shop around and have found that while many items at CW can be found elsewhere for less, there have been some that they have had the best pricing on. Problem is I never know when I'll get something - More than two weeks for an in stock item with zero communication is unacceptable.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello RTCastillo,

I apologize for the experience you had at the San Bernardino Camping World location. Please provide the item number you were interested in. I would like to look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Thank you Ella.

But never mind, I'm happy with my online order with Amazon arriving before I need it this Saturday. It's also cheaper and very quick.

As I said, you'll be in a lot of firefighting and band-aid patching when Marcus is not addressing the underlying cultural issues of real honest-to-goodness customer service.

I'm sure he has enough out there to benchmark these.

1. Amazon and WalMart for retail items.

2. Tesla and Toyota for customer service, warranties and repairs.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RTCastillo,

I apologize for the experience you had at the San Bernardino Camping World location. Please provide the item number you were interested in. I would like to look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team