Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Marcus must be listening & acting on our issues after all...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Marcus must be listening & acting on our issues after all...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
RTCastillo

Fontana, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/18 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After suffering for interminable arrival of my orders in previous purchases, I've now experienced quick turn-around and arrivals for my latest ones. Granting it's still not as quick as Amazon prime.

As I said, for us RVers, Camping World is a nice support structure all over the country as the go-to for everything that we would need, emergencies and repairs and as a Member and subscriber to all their services and warranties would be happy to be loyal.

I have not called their Service Department lately and I hope they've improved tremendously. This is the service most critical for us if we find ourselves needing their assistance in far flung locations and getting their usual (or their previous response to me) that this is a "dealer's issue and they are not a dealer branch", or "we can schedule you after next week" or, "you have to pay $150 per hour on labor so you can't get your rig back immediately as we need to get the approval for your extended warranty."

We wish Camping World's continued improvement. Marcus appears attuned to business issues and commonsensical holistic customer service needs to deliver these goals.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/18 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello RTCastillo,

Thank you for your time and providing your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your recent experience.
Have a good day and safe travels.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

RTCastillo

Fontana, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/18 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello RTCastillo,

Thank you for your time and providing your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your recent experience.
Have a good day and safe travels.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Hi Ellen,

I wish Camping World success!

And hope too Marcus will address your national Service Departments. Got a ton of calls with promises up to high heavens after my "email to Marcus". Never did tried yet how they'll hold up to the promise. But hope springs eternal.

If the responsiveness of the Service Department is going to be as good and quick as yours, then Camping World is on the way there...

Best,

SWFL FlyFisher

Placida, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/18 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had good luck and bad luck with my online CW purchases.

My most recent order was placed on 5/14 and I received part of it (two chairs) on 5/19. The remainder (a small folding table that is listed as "in stock and ready to ship") has still not shipped, a week after the order was placed and paid...

RTCastillo

Fontana, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/18 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SWFL FlyFisher wrote:

I have had good luck and bad luck with my online CW purchases.

My most recent order was placed on 5/14 and I received part of it (two chairs) on 5/19. The remainder (a small folding table that is listed as "in stock and ready to ship") has still not shipped, a week after the order was placed and paid...

My orders were also made in the same timeframe but all of them got processed and delivered quickly.

Either I just got lucky and CW's performance is still spotty and inconsistent. I also noticed that they don't seem to hold their direct delivery manufacturers in some delivery-within-24-hours-or-die standards.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/18 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello SWFL FlyFisher,

Thank you for your time and post. I apologize for the delay with your recent Camping World order. I will be glad to check on the status of the folding table.
Please provide your order number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

SWFL FlyFisher

Placida, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/18 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello SWFL FlyFisher,

Thank you for your time and post. I apologize for the delay with your recent Camping World order. I will be glad to check on the status of the folding table.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Thanks Ella - Just sent you a message with the info

RTCastillo

Fontana, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/18 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SWFL FlyFisher wrote:

Hello SWFL FlyFisher,

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Thanks Ella - Just sent you a message with the info

Another Dear Marcus issue today Ella. You just lost another sale from me today.

Went to your San Bernardino Service Center today. Ready to purchase an alternate model of what I want and showed these various models and brands in Camping World's own website. I was made to produce the Catalog number which I promptly provided. Then I was told that it's not in his inventory. He did not even bother to look for a similar model as I already described what I want in terms of specs.

Went home frustrated again as I went out of my way, this is an hour drive both ways, to get it from Camping World as a way of support and patronage.

Well, ordered the same item on line -- its cheaper and available in Walmart and Amazon, and free two-day shipping to booth.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/18 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello RTCastillo,

I apologize for the experience you had at the San Bernardino Camping World location. Please provide the item number you were interested in. I would like to look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

RTCastillo

Fontana, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/18 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello RTCastillo,

I apologize for the experience you had at the San Bernardino Camping World location. Please provide the item number you were interested in. I would like to look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Thank you Ella.

But never mind, I'm happy with my online order with Amazon arriving before I need it this Saturday. It's also cheaper and very quick.

As I said, you'll be in a lot of firefighting and band-aid patching when Marcus is not addressing the underlying cultural issues of real honest-to-goodness customer service.

I'm sure he has enough out there to benchmark these.

1. Amazon and WalMart for retail items.

2. Tesla and Toyota for customer service, warranties and repairs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Marcus must be listening & acting on our issues after all...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS