cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advent Air Conditioners

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
our 13 year old Dometic A/C don't work so good anymore. I've noticed on line that there is a product I haven't seen before called Advent Air Conditioners that are cheaper than Dometic. Anybody know if they are any good? (I probably already know the answer but I want to ask anyway).
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)
3 REPLIES 3

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I've got one on my 2009 Casita Trailer, and it's still kicking. Knock on wood.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chinese Knock Off..........PASS
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new Dutchmen Kodiak in 2014, it had an Advent A/C unit. It went out 14 months after I bought it or 2 months after the warranty went out. I was on a trip in Florida and had a mobile RV service come out to check it. I needed a new A/C unit and had a Dometic installed. When I returned home, I contacted Advent and explained what had happened. I was told I should have contacted them right away and they would have overnighted one to me but at a cost. After numerous calls and talking to numerous people at Advent, they offered to give me $200. I told them where they could stick their $200. I have owned 3 different units all with Dometic A/C units and wouldnโ€™t go back to Advent if they offered me one free. They are a cheap knock off of the Dometic brand.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience