Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Bubbling on the front
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Bubbling on the front

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
awv

Alexander City

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/18 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a ‘07 Antigua XLT 285SSO from Campig World this pst weekend. It was a very long process, they messed up paperwork on VIN# the first day, on pick up day they didn’t even dump the tanks during the inspection before we came to pick up. We had to then come back on a Sunday to get it. So, here it Wednesday and we’ve had rain and my husband sends me pics of the front with bubbles. I never noticed it for the three days that we were at camping world and feel like I would’ve. My dad said he did. They’re close to a previous known spot where the seal weakened around the front corner exterior light that was fixed back when it happened (1st owner). CW supposedly resealed it for me to be safe. How is this happening if it was resealed around all the edges? Could it be old? I cannot push the bubbles in. I have pics at the dealer and pics now and wondering if maybe the lighting at the time just wasn’t to where I could tell (it was very bright out). I’m freaking out now. I spoke with the manager today and of course got the “you bought a prescription-owned tt which those are sold as is” spill. He then said he’d be glad to get his team to check it out if I brought it back to them which is an hour drive one way for me. Should I take it? I feel like they’re just gonna say ueahbtou have a bubble but we will be glad to fix it for you for $$$. HELP!
Oh and also while checking it out today when I got home my husband said it didn’t look as bad this afternoon. I also looked on roof and there were small bubbles here and there. Is this normal?!

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/18 08:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look up CW reviews before going there for... well.. anything.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

6.2Superduty

ofallon mo

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/18 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats probably normal for a 11 year old trailer.You are correct in they will gladly TRY to repair it for $$$$$$.

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/18 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Small bubbles on the roof are not unusual. Just keep an eye on them so they don't become large.

I would go over every inch of it and recall etc. Look at things like the clearance lights they will fill with water and the water will run into the wall cavity through the hole where the wire goes in.

You can seal the light covers with silicone and also drill holes in the bottom of the lens so any water can run out so it doesn't go into the wall. Also be sure that the lights are sealed against the wall.

awv

Alexander City

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/18 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So now I’m wondering if CW isn’t the place to go then who should I go to for maintenance and repairs. I’m in Alabama.

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/18 04:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do everything myself but people on here often recommend mobile techs. Of course that doesn't mean that they are all good but they do need to take care of their customers or they won't have any work.

I have owned my own small business and moonlighted long ago. When you do a good job, word of mouth will get you more work than you can handle. You need to weed through people and find your guy or gal then be fair to them and they'll take care of you.

Halmfamily

Munford, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/18 06:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

awv wrote:

So now I’m wondering if CW isn’t the place to go then who should I go to for maintenance and repairs. I’m in Alabama.

Look up Mobile RV Repair in Bessemer. They do great work and will come to you.

2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/18 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HERE is just one example. As I mentioned above, you need to judge and weed them out like any other service.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/18 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello awv,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the issues you are having with your 07 Antigua. Please provide the location of purchase and your contact number in a private message. I will have the leadership team look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/18 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds like very inexperienced RVers. The unit was purchased 'as is', therefore Camping World would not be obligated to make repairs for free. They should have had someone more experienced do an inspection, the Dad noticed the bubbles before but didn't know or say what they were.
" “you bought a prescription-owned tt which those are sold as is” spill." IF it is delamination and if very serious, possibly more money to repair than the RV is worth, Maybe Camping World would be gracious enough to take the unit back and cancel the deal.

Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Bubbling on the front
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS