cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior LED lights Winnebago

Tradewinds
Explorer
Explorer
My 2016 Vista 30T has two interior LED lights that have quit working. I have removed the covers but see no way to remove the LED's? Do I need to replace the entire unit or is there a way to remove the LED that I am not seeing. The LEDs are a small flat square and seem to be not removable? If they are HOW?
Bob
National Tradewinds with Nissan 4x4 Ext Cab/Honda CRV Toad
It's the Journey not the Destination
RVing since 1970
5 REPLIES 5

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hikerdogs wrote:
I do believe you will need to replace the entire fixture. When we purchased an Adventurer in 2013 we were told that the following year Winnebago would be switching to interior LED lights. At that time we would be able to replace the halogen bulbs that came in our coach with LED components.

I tried on several occasions to order replacements only to be told no such bulbs existed. Finally at the 2016 GNR I asked a rep how I could replace our current Halogen bulbs. At that time I was told that the only way to replace just the bulbs was to order them from an after market vendor. Winnebago had decided that rather than continue purchasing the same fixtures with LED's they decided to go with another vendor that supplied the housing and bulb as a complete unit. They were less expensive, but if one failed the entire fixture would need to be replaced.

As a side note you might want to contact Winnebago. They did have a number of problems with the all in one units. At one point they were replacing them at no charge to the original owners.

I would replace with aftermarket with a real bulb. That way if one burns out again, you can simply replace the bulb.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Tradewinds wrote:
Thanks Hikerdogs, I will contact Winnebago and see what they have to say.

Get your wallet out or look on Ebay.

Tradewinds
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Hikerdogs, I will contact Winnebago and see what they have to say.
Bob
National Tradewinds with Nissan 4x4 Ext Cab/Honda CRV Toad
It's the Journey not the Destination
RVing since 1970

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
I do believe you will need to replace the entire fixture. When we purchased an Adventurer in 2013 we were told that the following year Winnebago would be switching to interior LED lights. At that time we would be able to replace the halogen bulbs that came in our coach with LED components.

I tried on several occasions to order replacements only to be told no such bulbs existed. Finally at the 2016 GNR I asked a rep how I could replace our current Halogen bulbs. At that time I was told that the only way to replace just the bulbs was to order them from an after market vendor. Winnebago had decided that rather than continue purchasing the same fixtures with LED's they decided to go with another vendor that supplied the housing and bulb as a complete unit. They were less expensive, but if one failed the entire fixture would need to be replaced.

As a side note you might want to contact Winnebago. They did have a number of problems with the all in one units. At one point they were replacing them at no charge to the original owners.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Are they the "strip" LED lights inside the fixture? If so, I believe yes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad