Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Extended Service Plan: Denied claim
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
FLmedic41

Seminole, FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/18 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the extended service plan and a claim was denied. I took my coach in due to the generator stalling under load.

Diagnosis was the governor arm came off. Claim was denied because there was no "mechanical failure"

The generator has a mechanical governor and the governor arm has failed to stayed attached... therefor a failure of a mechanical component.... no?

Any recourse for denied claims???

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/18 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If this is a used unit, read the warranty closely.
Chances are the "mechanicals" covered are the drive train and not a genny.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/18 03:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

99% of those plans are not in your favor., better to start your own plan and you,d have been covered. wish people would read those plans a couple times before sogning.

phil-t

Ogdensburg, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/18 07:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FLmedic41 wrote:

I have the extended service plan and a claim was denied. I took my coach in due to the generator stalling under load.

Diagnosis was the governor arm came off. Claim was denied because there was no "mechanical failure"

The generator has a mechanical governor and the governor arm has failed to stayed attached... therefor a failure of a mechanical component.... no?

Read the contract, there is a part on arbitration - good luck.

Personally, I have had good luck with my plan - bought used, 2010 Vista 32k - have had 2 powergear jacks, 1 slide motor and controller, and the entry step controller and motor. I qam almost even and have another 3 years left on the agreement.
BUT, if I had did everything myself, found the parts and did the installations, I'd be way ahead.

You have the option of cancelling and getting a prorated refund - I will be looking at that option when I return from the 7k mile adventure we are on till August.

2010 Winnebago Vista 32k on a 2009 Ford F53 22k chassis

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/18 10:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to agree, most plans are worth the paper they are written on...maybe. Better to 'piggy bank' some funds every month for unforseen issues and use that savings for repairs.

I call mine 'the slush fund'.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

FLmedic41

Seminole, FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just purchased this unit used. its a 99 HR Endeavor. Plan times out n Jan 19. Planning on keeping until then for worst case scenarios. I am pretty handy and feel I can make most repairs.

We had an issue with the rear AC and a fantastic fan vent. They are replacing the rear AC unit with a new one and the fantastic vent under the plan so still worth it for this trip anyways..

Ty

* This post was edited 05/26/18 08:25am by FLmedic41 *

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FLmedic41,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please send a private message with your phone number, Good Sam membership number, and policy number so we can assist.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

Chris Bryant

Arden, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot comes down to the service provider. If they know how to describe the failure, it will often be paid. This is all done before the fact though.

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FLmedic41 wrote:

Yes, there is absolutely a recourse for denied claims. Carefully read you service agreement which should fully explain it.

pismopete

central cal

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

FLmedic41 wrote:

Yes, there is absolutely a recourse for denied claims. Carefully read you service agreement which should fully explain it.

Look for the paragraph headed "you're screwed".

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS