Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Verizon data plans/hotspot
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Verizon data plans/hotspot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman,

Thanks for the "heads up".

Have you thought about the 55 plus on T-Mobile?

Another source may be "unlimitedville" https://unlimitedville.com/

Regards, Don
Full Time in a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman

Farmington NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Have you thought about the 55 plus on T-Mobile?
No, but thanks. All things considered, Verizon's coverage has been almost flawless, so I'll have to forgive them a few things.

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/18 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get more amazed and amused every time I start reading a new thread about how much data, and how much it costs, and all that. Remembering back just a few years, when having a telephone meant having a nickle or quarter to put in a pay phone on the corner! Then looking at how fast this has all come about is also astounding! We were able to raise our family, tour a lot of the US, live our daily lives of work and play, when the only way to communicate with our friends and family was by letter mail written in longhand script and a week was really fast delivery time. And for some, the world was a better place. And mobile phones were in the truck of a car, and had long whip antennas.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

NHIrish

White Mountains NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/18 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Suggest checking out total wireless. It is a byop plan and they use Verizon towers. Plans are much cheaper, and add-on data is MUCH cheaper....5 gb add-on is only $10.00 and it will roll over in your account.

2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
">

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Am currently using a Moto g (factory bought, unlocked) on total wireless and do use it as a hotspot. 2 phones, unl talk & text, and 15 gigs of data for $57 a month. Extra data is 5 gigs for $10.
Total wireless still says no tethering but if you don't tell them, they don't know, and they do sell a mobile hotspot.
Oh and Verizon towers so same coverage as what you had.

camperkilgore

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

I get more amazed and amused every time I start reading a new thread about how much data, and how much it costs, and all that. Remembering back just a few years, when having a telephone meant having a nickle or quarter to put in a pay phone on the corner! Then looking at how fast this has all come about is also astounding! We were able to raise our family, tour a lot of the US, live our daily lives of work and play, when the only way to communicate with our friends and family was by letter mail written in longhand script and a week was really fast delivery time. And for some, the world was a better place. And mobile phones were in the truck of a car, and had long whip antennas.

I wish I had a time machine. I'd go back. I don't remember having the aggravation that I have now with all the electronics invading our lives. Password changes alone are driving me nuts. Not to mention all the thieves that now try in every possible way to swim into our finances through the "streams".

Tom & Carol

azrving

Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/18 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperkilgore wrote:

Johno02 wrote:

I wish I had a time machine. I'd go back. I don't remember having the aggravation that I have now with all the electronics invading our lives. Password changes alone are driving me nuts. Not to mention all the thieves that now try in every possible way to swim into our finances through the "streams".

I wonder what it would be like to not touch it for a week. There is no phone on the wall or princess model by the bed!

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/18 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

Do you reach the same level of amazement and amusement when you talk on your own cell phone? When you are able to use a GPS (stand alone or on your phone)? Google everything? Order stuff from Amazon and have it arrive on your doorstep 2 days later? See cars drive by that don't use any gas? Watch HDTV or a 80" flat screen? Record 5 satellite channels simultaneously while you are away and watch the play back just like it's live? Things change. It really should not be surprising when folks discussing that they take advantage of these changes.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman

Farmington NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/18 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperkilgore wrote:

I wish I had a time machine. I'd go back.
You don't need a time machine. Just stop using the computer. Get off this forum, no google, no youtube, no online maps, no GPS. Use paper maps, ask for directions. Write checks. Go into banks. Buy stamps, write letters, do business on the phone.

See how long that lasts.

camperkilgore

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/18 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

camperkilgore wrote:

I wish I had a time machine. I'd go back.
You don't need a time machine. Just stop using the computer. Get off this forum, no google, no youtube, no online maps, no GPS. Use paper maps, ask for directions. Write checks. Go into banks. Buy stamps, write letters, do business on the phone.

See how long that lasts.

Yep, it's like dope. We are all hooked.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Verizon data plans/hotspot
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS