Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: ARP Control for fridge
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> ARP Control for fridge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
stugpanzer

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/18 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Added one on mine. One more thing that helps me sleep better at night!

I will also be adding some fans to the vent for the refrigerator LIKE THIS VIDEO.

2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/18 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.arprv.com/products.php

Brett Wolfe
2003 Alpine 38'

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

ASA Glamis

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/18 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

" I would think a cheap thermal switch that would shut the refer down when the boiler temp gets too high would do the same thing and not add much cost."

The ARP does a lot more than just turn off the refer. I like the feature where it will keep the defrost cycle from coming on. It does this by turning off the refer once a day to reset the defrost schedule.

I do have one installed.

2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS

ncrowley

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/18 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one and I would get the one with the fan.

Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

John Wayne

Long Beach, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/18 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one BUT don't buy it and think you can park off level and it will protect you mine didn't. parking it off level to many times I had to replace my cooling unit I got the dreaded yellow powder.

* This post was edited 06/01/18 06:46pm by John Wayne *

John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 129,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

two travelers wrote:

Saw an article on this product that is supposed to keep fridge from overheating and extend the life. Has any one installed it? Is it worth the money. Our fridge already has a fan since it is vented through an upper vent. Is there second fan really needed?

The ARP is basicily a resetable 350F unit with some added features vs the cheap 800F non-resettable fix that Norcold installed on recall.
People have experimented with some success of resetting them with a magnet, but they're basicily junk with a temp setting that's way too high anyway.
We threw it out, in favor of the ARP and even though ARP says that it's only an addition to the OEM unit. Naturally, there's going to always be some liability and they must protect themselves, so having this disclaimer, goes without saying, that's it's needed.
Never hurts to have some extra fans and I did add theirs plus one of my own. All in all, the thing has never worked better and my ice cream is pretty hard on this outing, we're presently on.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E__Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Hi,

I have the ARP installed. It does work as advertised. However, my fridge is slowly going to fridge heaven and so I've wired around the ARP for now.

If I am concerned about overheating, I can put it back in the circuit by flipping one switch.

You shouldn't have to be doing that and if it's tripping out when it shouldn't be, try moving the sensor up higher on the tube.

Pirate

Northeast Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My ARP has NEVER alarmed, no matter how steep or what angle I have been on. When I hit the test, it works fine.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

It worked well for about 1.5 years and then started to trip. I do have the display inside and the temperatures are running higher.

tropical36 wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Hi,

I have the ARP installed. It does work as advertised. However, my fridge is slowly going to fridge heaven and so I've wired around the ARP for now.

If I am concerned about overheating, I can put it back in the circuit by flipping one switch.

You shouldn't have to be doing that and if it's tripping out when it shouldn't be, try moving the sensor up higher on the tube.

Regards, Don
Full Time in a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> ARP Control for fridge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS