Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Class A prices dropping??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Class A prices dropping??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Itasca55

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 03:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

10 years old are the ones to watch 2008. Gas hits $5 a gallon
There will be more price drops . Just to give Idea you Guys are right I'm starting to see used nice ones going cheap need that down payment for new one . It's crazy people have so much money. Watch depreciation in first 10 years it's like holy shxx. Myself I can make motorhome last 20-30 years. Bit of maintenance it's easy. I know guys trading every 5 years. It's like takes that long to get the bugs out. It's pretty hard to buy yourself out of maintenance guys try it every year. More power to them ..

BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well mine hit bottom about 20 years ago! So now it just costs me maintenance and upgrades. But I really like it due to its solid construction, low floor (one outside step and none inside), etc., etc...

BigRabbitMan & DiamondGal
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."
DataStorm Satellite internet / I am here-click to see

Mjfandal

US: Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have owned many boats in my life. I thought they were a bad investment until I purchased my first motorhome three years ago ! I feel so much better about buying boats now. I got a trade in value on my Tiffin motorhome recently. Going buy another boat.

NCC-1701

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just checked NADA and also RV Trader. I'm actually amazed at how well the value on mine is holding up! NADA Average is well above what we paid nearly two years ago. Low NADA is close to what we paid two years ago. Looking on RV Trader all but one were asking well above what we paid and above NADA, and one was $5K less than we paid two years ago. So, I'm not crying yet.

"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NCC-1701 wrote:

I just checked NADA and also RV Trader. I'm actually amazed at how well the value on mine is holding up! NADA Average is well above what we paid nearly two years ago. Low NADA is close to what we paid two years ago. Looking on RV Trader all but one were asking well above what we paid and above NADA, and one was $5K less than we paid two years ago. So, I'm not crying yet.

So what conclusion should newbies draw from this?

A - Class A RVs over 10 years old don't depreciate any more
B - You bought a magic RV
C - You are a great trader and if we all make great trades then we won't lose money on depreciation

* This post was edited 06/10/18 01:27pm by DallasSteve *

Mjfandal

US: Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Low NADA retail without options minus 20 % is what you will get on a good day trading. If you sell it yourself low retail without options. But dealers offer financing and extended warranty. So its hard to compete with dealers. Best bet is a consignment with a dealer. Low retail minus 10 % is likely what they will talk you into. I would stay away from the flat fee guys that charge 299 to 600 bucks to sell it. They are rip off artist.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine cost $234,000 in 1997 and I wouldn't trade it for half the junk out there today. Just the quality of material and workmanship makes it so much better than what you get today. Big plus is its been paid for for 15 years and has had very few problems--none major. Plus being retired now for 17 years I could not afford an entry level DP today.

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Mine cost $234,000 in 1997 and I wouldn't trade it for half the junk out there today. Just the quality of material and workmanship makes it so much better than what you get today. Big plus is its been paid for for 15 years and has had very few problems--none major. Plus being retired now for 17 years I could not afford an entry level DP today.

I for one, have no idea of the coach, you're referring to and it might be nice if you'd included it, with a signature.
Sure helps in so many ways and especially if you should ever need help.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Class A prices dropping??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS