Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Peachland, Summerland, and Penticton BC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Peachland, Summerland, and Penticton BC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
83trekker

calgary,ab,canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thank you all this is very awesome to read , keepem coming !!

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/18 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

morley wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

There is a wonderful open air Greek restaurant in Penticton. Well worth a stop.

Pianotuna is quite right, the restaurant is Theo’s and is well,worth the stop for a great dining experience.

X3. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic! [emoticon]

I also recommend the Summerland train; we did it a couple of years ago and it was a great experience. To see a piece of machinery over 100 years old beautifully restored and have it take you on the journey was very nice.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am hesitant to add this...it is already a crazy weekend...but, it is THE best weekend for adults of a certain vintage. June 20-22nd...The Beach Cruise. Hundreds..and I do mean hundreds of vintage cars here for the weekend. Cruisin, paradin, hangin out. They park a bunch of them on the Okanagan Lake shore line and people just spend hours..admiring the great restoration jobs. All weekend end long..impromptu cruising all over the place.

Then..just to fill in any gaps, there is the Elvis Festival. And if you need to ask? You are either too young or dead.

The problem is, as always, here..is finding places to camp. Lots of folks boondock anyway..all summer long. Wal-Mart, Safeway. If you get jammed up? I have a long curb. Gimme a shout. [email protected]

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Peachland, Summerland, and Penticton BC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS