cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My mods and additions - 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK

nadkaw1957
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of months ago, I bought a 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK. Since then, I've been busy with modifications and additions. There are too many to post individually, so I set up a website just for that purpose.

If you're interested, you can find it here.

I got a lot of ideas from forums and Facebook. I hope it gives you some ideas, too.
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250RK
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
16 REPLIES 16

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We're getting used to the lock and unlock tone. On another note, did you seal around it with RV caulking? DH wasn't going to since the original door latch and lock wasn't, but we're wondering if we should.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
FYI. DH installed the RVLock last night replacing an older keyless entry system that failed. The RVLock is GREAT! The lock tone was surprisingly loud, but you get used to it. Our previous keyless entry had an additional code you had to enter after your security code to lock and a different one to unlock making it quite lengthy. With the RVLock, you enter the same code to lock or unlock. The fob is super convenient too! I can envision walking away from our rig, not remembering if we locked the door or not and with the key fob activating the lock and listening for the tone. Now the loudness of the lock tone will be handy in this instance. Thanks for the idea!

The tone as it is is handy widen I have our rig home on it as itโ€™s usually on the curb and unlocked till Iโ€™m done for the day. Then standing on our porch I lock it and listen for the tone.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
FYI. DH installed the RVLock last night replacing an older keyless entry system that failed. The RVLock is GREAT! The lock tone was surprisingly loud, but you get used to it. Our previous keyless entry had an additional code you had to enter after your security code to lock and a different one to unlock making it quite lengthy. With the RVLock, you enter the same code to lock or unlock. The fob is super convenient too! I can envision walking away from our rig, not remembering if we locked the door or not and with the key fob activating the lock and listening for the tone. Now the loudness of the lock tone will be handy in this instance. Thanks for the idea!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Nice updates and additions. The drain on the hot water heater interests me but my "drain" plug is also the anode ;(
I will investigate those keyless options, I like that idea a LOT!
Edit: WOW! That entry door cost is a bit rich for me now at $240. The storage locks at $18 aren't bad.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

nadkaw1957
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:

Now thereโ€™s a first. Somebody upgraded to a Tundra for MORE payload :B
Great truck, I miss mine.

The problem with my Ram was that it was a crew cab with a diesel engine in it. The weight of that diesel just sucked the payload capacity right out of the truck.
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
nadkaw1957 wrote:
camp-n-family wrote:
Great site and mods. Really like the water heater drain idea. Hadnโ€™t seen that before. You should take a few minutes to update your forum signature for trailer and truck. Curious, why the change in truck?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Changes have been made. I changed trucks for two reasons. I needed a little more payload and the tundra offered it. And I worried about the oil temperature on the EcoDiesel. Even with my old Lighter trailer the oil temperature went up almost to the point where it would put the truck into limp mode. I had a feeling it wasn't going to handle another thousand pounds.

Now thereโ€™s a first. Somebody upgraded to a Tundra for MORE payload :B
Great truck, I miss mine.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

nadkaw1957
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Just one thing I think you should add. That 7-way trailer plug pointed skyward will collect water, a Plug Guard (Google it) would protect the plug.

It has a rubber cap on it to protect the terminals.
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Just one thing I think you should add. That 7-way trailer plug pointed skyward will collect water, a Plug Guard (Google it) would protect the plug.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never seen that tongue organizer -- great idea! I may try to make a DIY version, just because I am always looking for projects. The next best thing to actually camping is working on mods!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

nadkaw1957
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Great site and mods. Really like the water heater drain idea. Hadnโ€™t seen that before. You should take a few minutes to update your forum signature for trailer and truck. Curious, why the change in truck?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Changes have been made. I changed trucks for two reasons. I needed a little more payload and the tundra offered it. And I worried about the oil temperature on the EcoDiesel. Even with my old Lighter trailer the oil temperature went up almost to the point where it would put the truck into limp mode. I had a feeling it wasn't going to handle another thousand pounds.
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome mods. Love the sub woofer mod. I'm in the process of installing a sound bar and wireless sub in my 5er. Looking for a place to set the sub. Your mod has me thinking. ๐Ÿ™‚

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mods, we have the propane tank monitor, I like being able o know about how much propane I have at a touch of a button. Like the water heater drain idea.