cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV Mount

Red_Rig
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a new travel trailer that did not have a TV installed. I purchased a 39 inch TV and used a fixed wall mount to mount it in the space provided. I have wiggled the TV and it seems secure, but I just worry about it somehow bouncing off while traveling. Anyone have any bad experiences or other advice regarding TV mounting?
12 REPLIES 12

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

doughboy
Explorer
Explorer
and when not used for tv, wife could entertain you with it
Larry, Lisa, and a dog named "Pepperjack"
2000 Excursion,Toreador red,diesel
2013 cruiser, viewfinder,
Waitin for my ship to come in

RockDodger
Explorer
Explorer
You could also mount it to a pole attached to the floor and ceiling. It will still be able to swivel and won't end up on the floor. This isn't for everyone, but I have seen this done.
Terry & Marsha
2016 Ford F250 Super Duty 4X4 Super Crew
1987 Sunline Satellite T-2153

Northeast Illinois

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a problem with the factory mount, but it only holds a dinky 19โ€ that Iโ€™ve watched twice in 3 years.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
stevemorris wrote:
I don't trust either the tv, mount or the wall behind for travel
our tv travels face down in the middle of the bed

X2
That's where ours rides

roadrat2
Explorer
Explorer
We use 1" adjustable straps with clips. We have an articulating mount and we push the TV tight to the wall and wrap The straps sound the tv vertically, then pull them tight. They screw to The wall behind The TV. The mount itself is attached to the factory installed backer. The foam is a good idea;although now that we have a TT we don't worry about rattles like we did in our Class C.
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT25SB
2006 F-350 6.0L

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I leave mine on the wall. The mount is screwed into the reinforcing that was put there by the manufacturer for the TV. I put a couple small blocks of memory foam behind the TV to stop it from rattling. HAs been fine for about 10,000 to 12,000 miles since it was installed. If you screw the mount into studs or factory provided reinforcing then I would expect it to hold up well.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
I trust the mount but not the wall. I remove my wall mounted unit when we travel. It slides in and out of the wall mount so not a major hassle to disconnect and store for traveling.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with BB TX. If you cannot catch a wall stud, I would be leery.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Unless the mount was screwed into wall studs I would not trust the wall to hold it bouncing down the highway.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I also rap mine up in a extra blanket and set it on the bed. Doesn't seem to move.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
I don't trust either the tv, mount or the wall behind for travel
our tv travels face down in the middle of the bed
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260