cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Raptor wheel issue

magicrider
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2010 Raptor Toyhauler 5vr. I had a wheel crack in the interior between the beads. Tiny split/crack created slow leak. Bought new and this happened in 2016. Pulled it 5500 miles with exact replacement wheel an now another one has cracked by the spokes. No external damage to wheel either time. The rating on the wheel says it is within the limits. Anyone else have this issue and what should I replace it with? Thnx
8 REPLIES 8

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
magicrider wrote:
Upgrade to wheels or entire Toyhauler?....??

wheels
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

magicrider
Explorer
Explorer
Axle weight I assume. That is what came up at a Cat scale we used when hooked to truck. Truck had one weight and trailer was 12,400

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
magicrider wrote:
Weighed unit at scale and loaded with full water, fuel, and tons of useless trip items it was 12,400. Gross is 14,000. Has 2 - 7k axles ...... think the wheels are rated at 3400.

12400 just on the axles or total?
What was your axle weight?
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

magicrider
Explorer
Explorer
Upgrade to wheels or entire Toyhauler?....??

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like an upgrade is in order.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

magicrider
Explorer
Explorer
Weighed unit at scale and loaded with full water, fuel, and tons of useless trip items it was 12,400. Gross is 14,000. Has 2 - 7k axles ...... think the wheels are rated at 3400.

04superduty
Explorer
Explorer
have you actually weighed your toy hauler to see what the weight is on the axles? you might be heavier than you think causing issues with the rims.
04 F350 6.0PSD/TS EC SB
07 Outback Sydney edition

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a Raptor, but had a similar issue on my Momentum last year. Unfortunately I could not get a direct replacement quickly as we were traveling, but I found a steel rim in my size. My tires are 17.5" H rated and the stock rims have a 4900 lb rating. The steel rim has a 6000 lb rating. It is now my spare. I have considered replacing all the aluminum rims with these, but they only came in white so I'd have to have them powder coated to look good. Since we FullTime I've not had time to deal with it yet, but if another failed on my rig I think that's how I'd go.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)