Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2007 Tango rotten floor source discovered; please read !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 2007 Tango rotten floor source discovered; please read !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Island Traveler

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 09:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only problem would have been as soon as the plastic melted, it would have released all the water and doused my fire by default! Plus you need a stinkin' hot fire to burn wet wood and the EPA would be on my case about a toxic cloud of black, acrid smoke from all that plastic and styro burning headed south on the "free trade" winds towards Washington State!!!

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Island Traveler wrote:

Only problem would have been as soon as the plastic melted, it would have released all the water and doused my fire by default! Plus you need a stinkin' hot fire to burn wet wood and the EPA would be on my case about a toxic cloud of black, acrid smoke from all that plastic and styro burning headed south on the "free trade" winds towards Washington State!!!

Way back when, I did land clearing on a lot on the Island and used a tire or two (or three?) to get the big pile o' wet stumps and branches going. Tires sure make good fire starters and get super hot! Try it, you'll like it. [emoticon] I think the regs have changed a lot since tho.

I hate CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA sux. CAPTCHA is evil. CAPTCHA needs fixing.

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS

Island Traveler

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 11:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only problem is, the tires on it are like new... it would be a shame to burn them while on the trailer! I'll just "spill' some gas, have a smoke and forget where I put the cigarette and run like hell, Darn arsonists anyways! Now TT is dry as well as bye, No more rot either... oops my tools were in there... aw sh (darn.)

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 10:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before ya do that can you peel off one of those cool looking Tango decals and send it to me?
[emoticon]

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Duramax / Allison
Fire Red

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

Island Traveler

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/18 12:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way too small... will fix.

* This post was edited 06/23/18 12:36am by Island Traveler *

Island Traveler

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/18 12:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

* This post was last edited 06/23/18 09:41am by Island Traveler *   View edit history

stevemorris

ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/18 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

some of the stuff they do in trailers really sucks.
manufacturers approach it all the wrong way, moisture will get into a trailer no matter what, what it needs is a way to dry out between damp sessions. covering both sides of plywood with waterproof material is a huge mistake. moisture barrier on one side and linoleum on the other side is a fatal flaw in the flooring system on all rvs
houses are designed to shed water rather than hold it in the walls and floors, framing can dry out, subfloors and wall materials can dry.

2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

westend

Shorewood, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/18 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stevemorris wrote:

some of the stuff they do in trailers really sucks.
manufacturers approach it all the wrong way, moisture will get into a trailer no matter what, what it needs is a way to dry out between damp sessions. covering both sides of plywood with waterproof material is a huge mistake. moisture barrier on one side and linoleum on the other side is a fatal flaw in the flooring system on all rvs
houses are designed to shed water rather than hold it in the walls and floors, framing can dry out, subfloors and wall materials can dry.

I dunno'. The 5/8" interior grade plywood in my 45 yr old trailer was all good except in two areas that were rotted from continued water from above, in the wall. And, in the plywood under the water heater where the water heater was allowed to drain on the flooring. The Starcraft has a continuous aluminum clad under belly.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 2007 Tango rotten floor source discovered; please read !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS