Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I-95 is the “middle of nowhere”?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> I-95 is the “middle of nowhere”?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perhaps everyone is being too hard on the agent. Give them a break, sheesh! After all, it took me a whole 3 minutes to go to Bing Maps, find the location, capture the image below, save it to my photo hosting site and post it here! Come'on! You guys are just expecting too much! Three minutes, and I'm not even an agent!

[image]

Edit: and oh, by the way... I'm in Indiana sitting in my travel trailer watching television with air conditioner running, messing around on these forums!

DutchmenSport

2019 Montana High Country 375FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually

2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 even older folks now, but still lots of love!
And yes, it really does have a door on the opposite side:

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's no wonder there are so many Goodsam towing issues. I don't think anyone understands how it works. A picture of the mile marker doesn't do anyone any good. We good all just take selfies and say here I am[emoticon]

THe issue is not where you are as much as: Are there any service providers close to you?
If the are no Good Sam service providers close by you are figuratively in the middle of nowhere!
Actually GS knows where you are at, but if they have no service providers nearby you might as well be in the middle of nowhere.
Why is there no service provider available? They may occupied? They may not accept the rate GS want to pay? GS may not have anyone in the area?
GS roadside assistance despite its marketing claims, has to find a service provider for each tow. Sometimes finding someone available is a simple task. Sometimes it is not.
Where your break downs occurs is important but having available tow trucks near your location is even more important.

2019 Duramax w/hips,12 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You gave the right information and have a case. I live in Nevada. We are used to being far from everything. That is why I have no AAA or Good Sam, they would not show up.

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

THe issue is not where you are as much as: Are there any service providers close to you?

The agent said nothing to the OP about lack of availibility of GSRA in the area they were located. Read again:

"The agent told me this was insufficient information to locate me, as she was in Texas, and did not know where that was, and asked what city I was close to."

The agent said they had insufficient information to locate the OP. I pulled it up on Google maps in less than 30 seconds, and could clearly see the closest towns. I went one step farther and snagged the picture of the 51 mile marker to show how bogus the agent's claims were that they didn't have enough information.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RRinNFla wrote:

Yesterday, i called GSRA. I gave my location as I-95, South Carolina, southbound at mile marker 51. I had a flat tire with a good spare. The agent told me this was insufficient information to locate me, as she was in Texas, and did not know where that was, and asked what city I was close to.i replied that I did not know,only that I could see the mile marker. After 2 hours, the agent called me back and said she could not find a provider as I was in the “middle of nowhere” and would I like her to contact the highway patrol, maybe they could help me.

Twenty minutes later the South Carolina state police had a wrecker on the scene. Why am I paying Good Sam, if my best option is to call the state police? The agent seemed to be poorly trained, and, obviously did not have the tools at her disposal to help me.

I noticed you have a truck and a 5th wheel and have a complete spare for truck or 5th wheel and not able to replace the spare yourself, cant be that hard.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“We should all just take selfies and say here I am”

I’ll take extras at home in case I breakdown more than once. Good idea.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 03:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

RRinNFla wrote:

Yesterday, i called GSRA. I gave my location as I-95, South Carolina, southbound at mile marker 51. I had a flat tire with a good spare. The agent told me this was insufficient information to locate me, as she was in Texas, and did not know where that was, and asked what city I was close to.i replied that I did not know,only that I could see the mile marker. After 2 hours, the agent called me back and said she could not find a provider as I was in the “middle of nowhere” and would I like her to contact the highway patrol, maybe they could help me.

Twenty minutes later the South Carolina state police had a wrecker on the scene. Why am I paying Good Sam, if my best option is to call the state police? The agent seemed to be poorly trained, and, obviously did not have the tools at her disposal to help me.

I noticed you have a truck and a 5th wheel and have a complete spare for truck or 5th wheel and not able to replace the spare yourself, cant be that hard.

Me thinks the point is he paid for roadside service so he wouldn't have to change it himself[emoticon]

Lee & Jane
2007 Ford F 150 and a 2013 Econ 14BB.
I wanna go where I haven't been,
but still wanna see what I've seen again.

stickdog

Somewhere, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

RRinNFla wrote:

I'll be 69 this year and those tires are heavier than they were a few years ago. Now it might be the OP had a novice GS agent but their not all that way. We've had excllent service with GS. The OP should have asked for a different agent or made a new call in.
Some times you have to demand service and if you can't get it from 1st tier you move up the chain.

9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
17 MS 36 RSSB3
Gone 04 HH DA LS 33.5 RLTG
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/18 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

Lantley wrote:

The agent said nothing to the OP about lack of availibility of GSRA in the area they were located. Read again:

"The agent told me this was insufficient information to locate me, as she was in Texas, and did not know where that was, and asked what city I was close to."

The agent said they had insufficient information to locate the OP. I pulled it up on Google maps in less than 30 seconds, and could clearly see the closest towns. I went one step farther and snagged the picture of the 51 mile marker to show how bogus the agent's claims were that they didn't have enough information.

I hear you Dutchman, but if that were truly the case the OP could have simply given the operator more info to expedite the tow.

classic 31

Cape Cod

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/18 05:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sure Good Sam would love everyone to pay there prieums and change there own tires.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> I-95 is the “middle of nowhere”?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS