cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside camping lights

polar76
Explorer
Explorer
Campers, Please turn off your outside lights when you go to bed as a courtesy to other campers who would like to sleep with the windows open.
1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

:C
86 REPLIES 86

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Hey SoundGuy..How about a view of the inside of that box. Regardless if anyone likes it or not, the flashing lights are a great way to let an emergency vehicle know where to go if they are called out at night. I have used just a flasher (and the EMT thanked me) but the box is a cleaner setup. Share please.

stevemorris wrote:
in that situation just turn the flashers on in the tow vehicle and plug in the trailer

Clearly you're missing the point. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Hey SoundGuy..How about a view of the inside of that box. Regardless if anyone likes it or not, the flashing lights are a great way to let an emergency vehicle know where to go if they are called out at night. I have used just a flasher (and the EMT thanked me) but the box is a cleaner setup. Share please.

in that situation just turn the flashers on in the tow vehicle and plug in the trailer
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Flashing 4-ways aren't nearly as effective as flashing ALL the exterior lights on the trailer, as my dongle does. ๐Ÿ™‚

DiskDoctr wrote:
For AIRCRAFT! Haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

With idiot drivers we have around here that's the whole idea! ๐Ÿ˜›
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
dhuse wrote:
What's a "scare" light?

Google: RV SCARE LIGHT

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
What's a "scare" light?

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Flashing 4-ways aren't nearly as effective as flashing ALL the exterior lights on the trailer, as my dongle does. ๐Ÿ™‚

For AIRCRAFT! Haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just kidding, couldn't resist.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I asked one time for my neighbor to ask if he could turn them off. They had scare lights on both sides of the trailer and it was kind of annoying being around the campfire with this bright light on. I asked nicely he responded with 'no problem' and turned it off. No problem.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
If I'm doing something at my campsite that's bothering you to the point of losing sleep at night, and you don't come over and talk to me about it, then suffer in silence or post a rant on an internet forum.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
60 years of camping in all kinds of parks and boondocking in the boonies and nothing stolen and no lights.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
AJR wrote:
Every trip I take I leave the outside light on almost once when I let the dog out late for pee. So sometimes after a game I forget to turn it off. Well most often after a game. I really feel bad the next day. But life goes on.

Its called a "senior moment" and at age 63 I am becoming concerned about having them. If no one gets hurts (physically) or killed, or no expensive damage is done, I just kick myself and move on. I more and more double check everything I do, especially mechanical stuff. I am an aircraft mechanic and have to be careful, but you get complacent when you get older.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
Instead of the fancy flasher box, you can do the same thing by simply plugging a standard flasher into your 7-way plug; the top 2 spaces.

I have some spare, HD Wagner flashers I bought at the flea market. Was replacing the plug and umbilical cord and junction box and testing everything out. I read your post so I tried it, neat! But I promise I won't make use of this at the campground.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are worried about somebody stealing your stuff, put it away at night. Since you are hooked up to shore power, put in a low wattage motion detector light is you need something.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Shut your outside lights off at night and the burglers can't see what you have to steal. That's no good!
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
troubledwaters wrote:
paddywanpeep wrote:
So sometimes after a game I forget to turn it off. Well most often after a game. I really feel bad the next day. But life goes on.

You must not feel that bad the next day or after the first time you did it you would have made a conscious effort to not leave it on again like a dumbazz but your inside your trailer and its someone else's problem. Nice
Comment removed; decided not contribute a condescending dumbazz comment.

Good plan troubled, after reading some of his previous posts.