Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Outside camping lights
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Outside camping lights

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/18 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that it won’t happen, but I think it would great if campgrounds would add a fee for this nonsense. Obviously they need to roll the utility bills into everyone’s bill, conservative and hogs alike.

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/18 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

... Always turn them off when we go in for the night.

Thank-you. No one is complaining about lights on when folks are outside, it's when they leave them on all night for no good reason.

DutchmenSport

2013 Outback 298RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually
1400 / 14000 Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution
2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 old folks and lots of love!

richclover

WY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/18 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

People that need scare lights turned on shouldn't go camping, maybe they should just stay at home where they feel safe.
And sell their trailer to someone that is not afraid of the boogeyman.

My former toy hauler had good exterior lighting all ‘round. The new Coleman has only a string of LED’s under the awning. I added 4 D-cell LED motion sensor lights, easily mounted when parked.

Not for use in campgrounds, but great for remote camping in the National Forest with the wolves, cats and bears. To each his own [emoticon]

JMHO, a little common sense and courtesy goes a long way.

Rich
2018 Ram 2500HD Cummins
2018 Coleman Lantern 262

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

I know that it won’t happen, but I think it would great if campgrounds would add a fee for this nonsense. Obviously they need to roll the utility bills into everyone’s bill, conservative and hogs alike.
So I pay the fee now what? Does that mean the people on RV Net will no longer feel the need to tell me how I can or cannot use my camper?

Allworth

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/18 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use your camper any way you wish but, if you are going to leave the outside lights on all night then do it somewhere that is not next to me!

Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
2008 Titanium 30E35SA; EZ-Lube axles; wet bolts; spring hanger gussetts; BFG Commercial TAs
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allworth wrote:

Use your camper any way you wish but, if you are going to leave the outside lights on all night then do it somewhere that is not next to me!
85%± Chance that I won't leave them on all night; but I have before, and I will again. Be that as it may, there's probably a better then 50/50 chance they will be on when you go to bed. So your best bet is to not pick a site near my site.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Instead of the fancy flasher box, you can do the same thing by simply plugging a standard flasher into your 7-way plug; the top 2 spaces.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's funny, I'm the president of my HOA and this same exact topic has some up recently. Someone has a very bright security light on the back of their outbuilding, and the neighbor, who is about 400 feet away, complained that it's too bright because he likes to sleep with his windows open. We (the board) told them to go talk to each other and figure it out between each other like adults. Wonder if the same suggestion would apply in these cases too.

2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco-Boost
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nickthehunter wrote:

Allworth wrote:

85%± Chance that I won't leave them on all night; but I have before, and I will again. Be that as it may, there's probably a better then 50/50 chance they will be on when you go to bed. So your best bet is to not pick a site near my site.

OP said "Campers, Please turn off your outside lights when you go to bed as a courtesy to other campers who would like to sleep with the windows open." Operative word is COURTESY and should include consideration for others.

Lee & Jane
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and a 2010 Coleman Destiny Tent trailer.
I wanna go where I haven't been,
but still wanna see what I've seen again.

FLY 4 FUN

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm finding that common courtesy is just not that common. Folks bring their music/lights/barking dogs/screaming kids/loud vehicles/loud generators/etc and do as they please. Its good we can all vent on here as I expect its never going to change. I try to take it in stride, and just enjoy my trips as best as I can.

And to be fair, I have been guilty of leaving a "scare" light on all night by mistake after securing things and heading inside with all blinds down.

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Outside camping lights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS