cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Links To Technical Info Or Brochures 97 / 98 Tropi-Cal

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody on this forum seems to be very knowledgeable and helpful so I'm hoping that someone can guide me to links on the above information. Anything on a 1997 or 1998 National Tropi-Cal 6330 or similar would be helpful. Technical information or sales brochures. Thank you in advance.
Patti, Jack, our GSD Gunner the Wonder Dog and our multtude of cats.
1998 National Tropi-Cal on a 1997 Ford F53 chassis with 460 Ford power.
6 REPLIES 6

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
F4Jock wrote:
mowermech wrote:

Information on the coach; good luck. The last time I tried to find any such information (from Fleetwood, on a 1977 Pace Arrow, many years ago) I was told that my coach did not exist, that serial number had never been used, no such coach had ever been built!

Yup! Only problem I'm having with the chassis info is delineating where it ends and the coach begins. The coach, on the other hand . . . . and, of course, National is defunct.

To get a general idea of what Ford contributed to your Class A motorhome chassis simply look at a picture of a stripped basic Ford F-53 chassis of your specific year if you can find one. With the info given to you so far you should be able to find that. If it's included in the picture, Ford assembled it. Everything else was provided by the coach builder. Some assemblies could be a combination of components from the chassis manufacturer (Ford) and the coach manufacturer. As an example, Ford may provide some of the chassis air conditioning/controls/gauges/vents/etc. which are then fitted (by the coach builder) to the complete dash board which is manufactured/supplied by the coach builder.

As an image example, see this link for a picture of the 2018 Ford F-53 chassis:

https://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/stripped-chassis/models/f53-motorhome/

Chum lee

MrWizard
chassis componets are frame and running gear, and associated electrical
if you can find it on a car truck or bus, its chassis
excluding such add ons as jacks, airbags etc.

anything above the floor is probably RV not chassis
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:

Information on the coach; good luck. The last time I tried to find any such information (from Fleetwood, on a 1977 Pace Arrow, many years ago) I was told that my coach did not exist, that serial number had never been used, no such coach had ever been built!

Yup! Only problem I'm having with the chassis info is delineating where it ends and the coach begins. The coach, on the other hand . . . . and, of course, National is defunct.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Information on the appliances can be found from the manufacturer of the appliance. Use the "Contact Us" button on the manufacturer's website, give them the model and serial number, and they will send you the information.
Information on the Ford Chassis can be found in various places; Chilton's and Haynes manuals, and from Ford.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Here is a link to a brochure for a 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.
If youโ€™re looking for specific info, try a google search.

Thanks for the link. Reason I asked was my lack of success with Googling the info.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to a brochure for a 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.
If youโ€™re looking for specific info, try a google search.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us