Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: Temperature Monitor
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Temperature Monitor

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
67Cutlass

Fulltiming

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To all those with negative responses.

I have Automatic Generator start. For either power loss or pre determined temperature. The AcuRite has a battery backup. If the Acurite site has not had any communication from my Acurite unit for an hour it will send me a notice of the communication loss. It will also inform me when communications are restored. Once communications is restored I will have access to all data during that period of loss.

Like I said earlier I've had Acurite for 6 years without issues and this unit for almost 3 months without ANY issues.

My router has a builtin cell modem equipped with a dual SIM setup. I have both Verizon and AT&T for cell data. If one carrier fails the other will automatically take over. For other instances I also have WiFi over Wan that will allow campground WiFi through my router. I think I've got most bases covered.

I understand what works for you, works for you. I was answering the OP question about temperature monitoring. I was just stating what I have and how I like it. I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion here.

AcuRite works for me and that's all I care about.

2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2006 HHR - 5 speed
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/18 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happytraveler wrote:

timmac wrote:

charming wrote:

We are planning a two month trip to the southwest with our two rescued greyhounds. We leave out the first of September. I am in a panic over losing power in our motor home. We bought a surge protector that is pretty good at resetting the power, but I don't trust that it will work in every instance.

I started looking for products to send us an alert if the temperature starts going up in the motor home. So far the only product that looks like it will work best is the Temp Stick.

Anyone have experience with it or can recommend other products? I want something that does not rely on electricity.

This product works great, I have it installed and no more worries about my pet when the power goes out.

https://rvautomations.com/automatic-generator-start-system/

What happens if power is working, but your air conditioning stopped working. I guess if you had 2 separate units in an RV it would work.

Yes I have 2 a/c units so the lost of 2 at the same time would be very very rare, also the auto start system in the link is easy to wire up, no need for difficult setup for a/c, temps, etc, just a easy start for gen when power goes out, its also cheap to buy..

charming

Myrtle Beach

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/18 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The answer is, I gave up and sent all of your suggestions to my SIL, the computer geek extraordinaire. He is much more patient about reviewing the available info and translating it into English for me.

I did make one decision, I will be getting the Verizon Jet Pack for our travels.

Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

eb145

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a Verizon jetpack with an external antenna that gets great reception, even in many places where my Verizon phone is marginal or non-functional. And I use a temperature monitor from RV Whisper that lets me see the RV temperature over the internet and it also sends me and my DW email and text messages when it gets too hot.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Temperature Monitor
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS