Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: California I-5
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> California I-5

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/18 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just drove from Lodi to Kettleman City, Southbound. The right lane is horrible! We're going to try Hwy 99 back North to save the RV. Sadly, the state has let a major highway fall into disrepair.

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/18 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blazing Zippers wrote:

We just drove from Lodi to Kettleman City, Southbound. The right lane is horrible! We're going to try Hwy 99 back North to save the RV. Sadly, the state has let a major highway fall into disrepair.

X1. Just watch traffic getting off and on when on hwy 99.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/18 09:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just went through Kettlemen Northbound last month. We decided we are going to travel on the 101 next time.
It was the worst I have ever seen it, everything in the TT was on the floor!

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/18 09:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We travel I 5 from Sac to Yuma 5 times each year but I like I 5 lot better than 99. All the roads in Calif are bad and getting worse by the day

samsontdog">">

Ski Pro 3

Placerville, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/18 11:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I take that section of 5, I drive the left lane and screw anyone who doesn't like it. The truckers have ruined the 'slow' lane and I have more than paid my fair share to drive decent, or as decent as I can find, lanes. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of heat here about it, but too bad.

2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab w/diesel and manual tranny.
2012 Lance 855S camper

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 12:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ski Pro 3 wrote:

When I take that section of 5, I drive the left lane and screw anyone who doesn't like it. The truckers have ruined the 'slow' lane and I have more than paid my fair share to drive decent, or as decent as I can find, lanes. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of heat here about it, but too bad.

X1! I use the left lane as much as possible until I get 5 or more cars behind me, then move to right lane to let a group pass, then back into the left lane.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/18 12:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was part of this thread deleted? I know I posted on two separate occations. I don't mind but it just seems weird. It did get very political but there has been a lot worse and the mods did nothing.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
95 Suzuki Sidekick 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

IBcarguy

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, it was probably my fault parts were deleted. I made some negative comments about how CA is managed. Sorry, I'll be more careful this time. Back to the topic: yes CA roads are very bad, especially the right lanes on 580, 680, I5 and 99. You need a kidney belt to drive on these roads.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

Was part of this thread deleted? I know I posted on two separate occations. I don't mind but it just seems weird. It did get very political but there has been a lot worse and the mods did nothing.

Yeah mine was. Figured it would anyway. [emoticon]

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast - Winter in AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/18 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it’s worth, California just implemented a massive fuel and vehicle tax increase to allow them to start repairing these problems. Such repairs have already taken place on some roads....but given the huge number of miles of roadways it will take years...

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> California I-5
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS