Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: California I-5
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> California I-5

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/18 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I passed through at least 2 speed enforcement officers in CA on this trip. Both were on 101 from LA north. Both were a single officer with radar. Others may have had radar, don't know. And don't most use laser these days?

Years ago I asked a San Jose officer at Starbucks about the radar trap that I went through every day. He politely informed me that they don't have radar traps but rather "speed enforcement". [emoticon] But of course the same ticket and they always had customers every day.

Most truckers in CA stay under 63 MPH. At 65 they are pushing their luck and they with their commercial license don't want a ticket. Sure some go faster but not many in my experience.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/18 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speed traps on I-5 in Ca. All the radar on I-5 is radar in the "bears cars" and "bear in sky" airplanes combined with CHP cars.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> California I-5
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS