Explorer
Explorer
Woman goes in back to make a cup of tea while on cruise control

BTW a SatNav is the British term for GPS
15 REPLIES 15

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Satire website. You really should have known.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry cad wrote:
So let me get this straight, does this mean I wasn't supposed to put on the cruise and then go to the back and take a nap while driving through Nebraska?

Sure glad nothing bad happened!

Boy-O-Boy what a poor use of cruise control .... you really missed out on some great things to see and do in Nebraska: https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/nebraska
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
true or not it's a good story.

But it's a different story if it's true than if it's not.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
The Suffolk Gazzette is a spoof paper. Read the rest of the stories in it....

Thank you! I was immediately suspicious when the "Crime Editor" was named "Rob Banks"

And if you like those sorts of spoofs, go to Facebook and look up the "Lake Michigan Whale Migration Station"
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
So let me get this straight, does this mean I wasn't supposed to put on the cruise and then go to the back and take a nap while driving through Nebraska?

Sure glad nothing bad happened!
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Google Suffolk Gazette,
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

dedmiston
โ€œI turned it on at what I thought was a sensible 40mph, then stepped away from the driver seat into the back of the motorhome to make a cup of tea."

Thank God she kept it "sensible" and didn't have a need for speed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't quality for Darwin. She is still in the breeding pool.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
gbopp wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
That kind of nonsense has been circulating for decades, I have doubts about this one as well. Cruise

x2. No one is that stupid. That's why I keep a case of beer beside the drivers seat. :B

You may need some/all of that beer in light of the simple fact that stupidity is the only truly unlimited resource the human race has. In obvious abundance.

So, yeah, no doubt a fictional tale about the level that stupidity can reach, but never bet it is impossible.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
That kind of nonsense has been circulating for decades, I have doubts about this one as well. Cruise

x2. No one is that stupid. That's why I keep a case of beer beside the drivers seat. :B

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer

About Suffolk Gazette

You couldnโ€™t make it up. Suffolk is full of strange and wonderful stories, and our tales explode across social media and get repeated by gullible mainstream media, including Sky News and national newspapers.

Join our vibrant Facebook page for updates and ensuing hilarity whenever someone comments after believing something we have written. Just click the Like button below.

About Us
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
The Suffolk Gazzette is a spoof paper. Read the rest of the stories in it....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
true or not it's a good story. Saw the link in a european RV group. Probably satire.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer