Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Pilot/Flying J
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Pilot/Flying J

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
RTCastillo

RENO, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Used several Pilot/Flying J's on my way to Vegas, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon North Rim, Kaibab Plateau, Zion National Park...

Found that lots of these sites are not RV friendly sometimes with no facility for us. One even curtly responded when I asked for an RV parking if I'll stay overnight. Then told to park by the street outside of Pilot site.

RTCastillo

RENO, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love their capuccino though and who can walk away from a gas discount? But they lost my business on lunch at Dennis and buying supplies and consumables I still need for stocks and replenishment. That's why we love Walmart.

azrving

Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get a diesel and start double towing 65 feet and you will love them.

ThomBoles

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure I've seen the same results in all the stores I've visited. Some have dedicated RV parking, islands, dump stations while yes, there are some that don't have any space to even get gas. I get more irritated when they don't accept the fuel discounts because the gas (I use gasoline) at the station is provided by some other company (Chevron, etc.)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

RTCastillo

RENO, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ThomBoles wrote:

I'm not sure I've seen the same results in all the stores I've visited. Some have dedicated RV parking, islands, dump stations while yes, there are some that don't have any space to even get gas. I get more irritated when they don't accept the fuel discounts because the gas (I use gasoline) at the station is provided by some other company (Chevron, etc.)

A few clerks don't know the Good Sam card and I have to ask to call their manager that Good Sam and Pilot partnership.

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used them on my way out west last year and 4 out of 5 was me fighting the cars. Didn't even think about using them on the way back and had a much smoother time.

RTCastillo

RENO, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azrving wrote:

Get a diesel and start double towing 65 feet and you will love them.

I think that trucks are their focus as they certainly have top notch facility for them. Parked in their area for a while and skipped taking a rest with every truck idling and probably carbon monoxide in the vicinity is deadly. My puny generator won't be able to compete anyways. lol.

RTCastillo

RENO, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One dude with a long 5th wheel just turn around without loading up on gas after finding out he doesn't even have the room to make the sharp curve to put his rig into the pump bay.

Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have learned that the original "Flying J" are lot more RV friendly than the "Pilot's" that are now "Pilot/Flying J"

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to Flying J few days ago in McAllen, Tx.--put my D.C. into pump and filled up. After fill up the gas pump receiver declined my card [emoticon]
Went into station and my card was declined again-tried a different card-it was declined. Paid cash--got home and phoned bank and there was more than enough cash in accounts to cover fuel costs. Still scratching my head, on that-but, won't be going back there.

04 F250,CC, 4x4, Dsl., LgBd, XLT, SuperDuty, Cmpr Pkg, Off Rd Pkg

07 Arctic Fox 29 5T
Toad Riv B.C.
17 Chev/CLS C F.R. Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Pilot/Flying J
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS