Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2019 Chevy 2500 HD gas
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2019 Chevy 2500 HD gas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksss wrote:

Yeah if the rebate requires you to go through GMAC it is best to let that go. You can do better on the rate about anywhere. If you plan on keeping it to term you can save the rebate in the interest rate difference.

Maybe there are terms to prevent it with GM, but on my truck I got an extra $1000 off by financing through Chrysler and then I used a zero cost refinance program through my credit union a few days later at a better rate.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IdaD wrote:

ksss wrote:

Yeah if the rebate requires you to go through GMAC it is best to let that go. You can do better on the rate about anywhere. If you plan on keeping it to term you can save the rebate in the interest rate difference.

Maybe there are terms to prevent it with GM, but on my truck I got an extra $1000 off by financing through Chrysler and then I used a zero cost refinance program through my credit union a few days later at a better rate.

I have considered that. I will be checking terms closely because I am able to pay cash. I will also be looking at the Chevy 6.0 for the same financing option.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

gattorgetter

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 11:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crew cab or ext cab? Just wondering cause I havent seen anything yet that says the 2019's are in production yet. I build these trucks in flint mi. Lots of delay's the last month. As far as changes not much as already stated.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 03:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Currently have a 15 GMC 6.0. For some reason I now have the itch for a 3500 SRW. I have always been mostly GM but have had Ford's in a business setting. One thing I have been noticing is, and this is just from advertised prices on the net, is a Ford F350 in Lariat trim can be had at a substantially lower price than a GM2500. And that's in gas or diesel flavor take your pick. I believe I could go F350 dually for less than GM 2500 or 3500 SRW. if I wanted dually. The next TV may very well be an F350 SRW in Lariat flavor with the 6.7

I believe if I was buying, and buying GM, I would hold out for the 2020 total redesign.

2015 GMC 2500HD SLE Z71 DCLB It's got a cop motor, a three hundred and sixty six cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas.

ceasare

staten island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have now found a couple of things on line and the 1500’s are new this year but the 2500’s wont be changed tilll 2020. I guess I’ll be getting one of the first 2019’s delivered. Now the wait!!!!

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At my age a new 2500 would be last large vehicle so 2018 or 2019 would be it. Difficult to find anything local that are not either Chevy WT or fully loaded Z71 LTZ or High Country 4x4. Not really wanting that. More like a slightly upgraded LT. A few LT without sprayed bed liner or new hitch pucks. Same with Ford. They are stripped with vinyl flooring and can be had for slightly above $50,000 or Lariat's at $73,000+. I have not found Ford to be better priced, I also have the GM card with nearly $3,000 on it for rebate. Kinda locks me into to them but I have always preferred the Chevy anyway.
These are home town dealers and dealers 30 miles away-Beaumont Texas- have almost no supply. Example, Classic Chevrolet in Beaumont has 1 2500 on the lot. Both Ford and Chevy inventory range from $50,000 to $73,000 with almost nothing in between, The home town dealer I bought the current truck from brought it in from Ft. Worth and about 350 miles.

Considered going to the dark side and look at Ram but nearest dealer is 30 miles away and IF there is an issue I am not willing to have to do with service that far away.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, Dealer is doing its job and working somewhere between the fine print in the sales contract and jerking you around. Rebates are typically a c rap shoot as they're applicable at delivery, BUT, a dealer will exploit anything they can to get a few extra buck out of you.
However if you're limiting yourself, like CharlieD, to the local yokel dealer and think driving 30mi is too far then you're pretty much reaping what you sow.
Or you could find a volume dealer with bottom line pricing, go pick out a truck, know what color and options and OTD price it is before you ever get up off the couch and not deal with the car dealer hunger games!
After 30 years almost with a drivers license in my pocket I've bought 2 brand new cars. One was a haggle/trade/upgrade/finance goat rope that I would have walked from, but their lack of knowledge and my acute need for a new truck on a tight schedule actually worked out to be a very good deal.
The other was a leftover 2016, last Christmas, already marked down to what I was willing to pay (begrudgingly of course, lol) and only resulted in about 5min of attempted shenanigans by the salesman and a few feeble up sell attempts by the "contracts" guy. That one was pretty painless, but it was a cash deal and I had them on the clock or they would have still had that car sitting on their lot Xmas morning rather than in my garage!

Life's too short to get manhandled by car dealers!

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul

azwildcat

Falls Church VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am in the same situation as Charlie D. Can't find a Chev or Ford locally that is even close to what I am looking for. I did find one on the dark side that was very close to my criteria. It was a 45 min drive but was I surprised. The Ram Laramie is a very nice truck. Took it for a drive and was very impressed. The one draw back that I noted was that the 6.4 requires high test gas. The extra 50 cents per gal would add up in a hurry. Sure was tempting.

ceasare

staten island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Living in the NYC area, I couldn’t find ANYTHING that even sorta resembled what I want. No need for I high country and definitely don’t want a work truck, So after exhaustive looking decided to order, That’s where the fun and games started.

gattorgetter

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we just flipped over to the 2019's as of yesterday. As long as we can keep axles coming in, we should be running fine.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2019 Chevy 2500 HD gas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS