cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for ideas

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
ok so 29 years of living in BC all i have seen is Kamloops south and the island, so I am looking for ideas north of Kamloops that will take a 38 foot fifth wheel.

this summer is starting out at fairmont hotsprings for a few days then to alberta (east of reddear for a week) then I want to come back into BC for a week before I have to be down in langly.

I have solar so power is nice but not necessary.

thanks
Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
5 REPLIES 5

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Don’t need a passport to get into Alaska at Stewart ... there isn’t a US customs building or boarder people even in Hyder Alaska.
And as a Canadian you don’t need a passport to re- enter Canada by road, it will go faster, but a Canuck doesn’t need a passport to enter his own country by road. There is a Canadian Customs office when you come back in to Canada ( Stewart BC ) from Hyder Alaska....
yup, we did it in our 23 ft and our 35 ft 5th Wheel, no issues. Some of the older campgrounds have tight sites, but they are always upgradeing everywhere in BC.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
SideHillSoup wrote:
Head up BC Hwy 37 fromthe Jct with Hwy 16 and Kitwanga to the Yukon Boarder, and don’t forget the side trip into Stewart Hyder Alaska.

Our two favourite B.C. Parks campgrounds are Meziadin Provincial Park and Boya Lake Provincal Park. They are both quite close to the lakes in some cases if you lucky you can camp,on the lakes edge.
Soup.

Don't think I'll be hitting Alaska as we haven't renewed our passports yet, but my original plan was to go up 97 to Nass then keep going up on 37 top Watson lake then down the east side of BC but I wont have time for that run this year. will both those places take a large 5th wheel no problem?

thanks
Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
alaska dennis wrote:
Drumheller

I thought about Drumheller, I love it there (grew up in Alberta)
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Head up BC Hwy 37 fromthe Jct with Hwy 16 and Kitwanga to the Yukon Boarder, and don’t forget the side trip into Stewart Hyder Alaska.
Our two favourite B.C. Parks campgrounds are Meziadin Provincial Park and Boya Lake Provincal Park. They are both quite close to the lakes in some cases if you lucky you can camp,on the lakes edge. Yup there are bugs... but what they heck, just plan for them. We are headed back to Stewart this summer ( wife was raised there) and she wants to stay at Meziadin Lake for a week or so, but not sure we will get as far north as Boya Lake.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

alaska_dennis
Explorer
Explorer
Drumheller