Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Awning lights won't turn off
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Awning lights won't turn off

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
rtreptow7

Central, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camped without electricity now. Turned generator on and plugged camper in, then the led awning lights came on by themsleves (only one one of the 2 awnings we have). Tried turning them off with the touch pad on the awning arm and it wont' turn them off. The switch inside the camper for the lights are off. Tried disconnecting power for a few seconds to reset but this didn't work. I do not have a remote with this unit to control awning lights. Unplugged the generator and lights stayed on whether it was plugged in or not now. We have had a lot of wind and rain where we are camping. Wondering if something in the touchpad got wet and is shorting? I remember during our walk through last month the guy told us he has replaced a lot of these touch pads on the awning due to water intrusion. Any other ideas?

2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0L 4.10
2019 KZ Durango 1500 286BHD fifth wheel
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew CAb 6.0L 3.73 REPLACED
2004 Chevy 2500HD Exteneded Cab 6.0L 4.10 gears REPLACED
2004 KZ Frontier 2453P-F fifth wheel-REPLACED

rbp111

Citrus Heights, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you absolutely sure that there is not a remote for the awning lights. I had the same thing happen to me, and a neighbor said turn off the remote. So I went to the remote, and voila. It turned the light off.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

unplug them....

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

rtreptow7

Central, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did not get a remote if there is supposed to be one? We do have the app on the phone, but you can't turn the awning lights on and off with the app, only the v shaped led lights on the front of the camper. There is a touch pad inside the unit attached to the wall.

Called dealer now that they are open, had us pop the control panel off on awning arm and there was a bunch of water and corrosion in there. Going to dry it out good but they are also giving us a new panel when we can pick it up. This is a known problem with the outdoor control panels on the awnings I Guess.

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

unplug them....

The LED strip lights don't generally come with a plug, hard wired.

2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
E2 WDH

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

afidel wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

unplug them....

The LED strip lights don't generally come with a plug, hard wired.

They do have a plug, usually....It is tucked inside either the roller tube, or the wall of the camper.... That is ho wthey change them when bad...

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2016 Redwood 38RL Black~Silver

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe pull the switch out and disconnect it. The switch could be defective.

If you disconnect the strip in the awning and it still won't go out, you have a serious issue... [emoticon]

The wire that goes out through the awning arm has switched 12 volts from inside your camper and there is no "control panel" inside the roller tube, just a splice or connector at the strip. I just got a new strip for our awning (1/2 the LEDS are burned out) and according to a Carefree of Colorado video uses a plug-in connector.

I hate CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA sux. CAPTCHA is evil. CAPTCHA needs fixing.

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

If you disconnect the strip in the awning and it still won't go out, you have a serious issue... [emoticon]

The wire that goes out through the awning arm has switched 12 volts from inside your camper and there is no "control panel" inside the roller tube, just a splice or connector at the strip. I just got a new strip for our awning (1/2 the LEDS are burned out) and according to a Carefree of Colorado video uses a plug-in connector.

Wrong! The OPs trailer has Solera smart arm awnings, they DO have a control panel built into the arm. Just because your camper doesn't have a feature don't assume that nobody else's do.

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

afidel wrote:

myredracer wrote:

Wrong! The OPs trailer has Solera smart arm awnings, they DO have a control panel built into the arm. Just because your camper doesn't have a feature don't assume that nobody else's do.
Thanks, I haven't seen those before.

bluie5

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 08:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does it also have a switch where the tank monitors, slide out switches etc are?

2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Awning lights won't turn off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS